News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Palm Bay FL AUG. 2/3 2014 AAR

Started by bill o rites, August 06, 2014, 09:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill o rites

What a great day for Liberty! While a majority of Palm Bay residents sat idly on the couch, a small group of Patriots gathered at Port Malabar Rifle and Pistol Club to re-discover their Heritage and continue our Legacy as a nation of Riflemaen!   Any student of the Revolutionary War history can tell you  "one need not to have a majority to prevail, only an irate tireless minority keen on setting the brush fires of Liberty in the minds of men."  I believe that to be an accurate description of our little group on Saturday.  Carlton, CJ, Corey, Joel, Tyler and Nadia all began the day on Saturday with the "come as you are" redcoat target.  They quickly began to be on the receiving end of the fire hose of Appleseed instruction, and that hose stayed on all day; through the first two strikes, multiple blocks of instruction and several AQT's, till almost 6pm.   We just couldn't get these Patriots to go home, not before a Rifleman was revealed. Joel shot a great couple of AQT's with 219 being the highest on Saturday. 
On Sunday, we added to more to our merry band when we joined by McKenna & Tuyet who had a little catching up to do, but managed just fine.  Even with a little FL rain, we marched on down the Appleseed Trail moving ever closed to Freedom & Liberty!   ..:..  Gosh, I don't know why everyone doesn't come to Appleseed, always remember the 7th step to firing the shot, tell someone else about Appleseed.
While no new rifleman were revealed on Sunday, Joel re-qualified and bested his score from Saturday.  Everyone else showed great improvement in their marksmanship & we had a great time listening to the 3rd strike & our dangerous ole men and brave young women stories at lunch.
Then as quickly as it began, our weekend was over and we had to say goodbye to our new found Countryman, but not for long; because now they have started down that path to becoming Riflemen.  Any Appleseeder can tell you, THEY'LL BE BACK  Most of them again & again, because Liberty is addictive!!!
Thank you all for coming, see you on the trail.

Bill O Rites           (Pictures to follow, Dennis can you add yours???)
The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor and Success of this army depend. Remember officers and soldiers, that you are Freemen, fighting for the blessings of Liberty - that slavery will be your portion, and that of your posterity, if you do not acquit yourselves like men-1776

"If ever a time should come when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government,our country will stand in need of it's experienced patriots to prevent it's ruin." Samuel Adams,1780

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

TheMenace

Here are the pics for Palm Bay, Aug 2-3, 2014.
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land
https://youtu.be/w6H12dyS8FI
Joshua 1:9

Guntuckian

It is said that a pot of gold lies at the end of every rainbow!  Well, there was a good omen upon arriving at the range on Sunday morning, as a rainbow ended at our range!  The patriots who came out to hear about the Revolutionary War, and to learn about rifle marksmanship, were the real pot of gold this weekend!

There was also one more shooter, not mentioned above, as Bill o' Rites also re-qualified! 

A wonderful weekend, spent in the company of patriots, one and all!  Much improvement in marksmanship was evident, and this was despite hot and humid August weather in Florida, which can be a challenge. 

- Gary

--------------------------------------------------
1st Appleseed:           04/20/2013 - Palm Bay, FL
Rifleman:                   02/01/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
Cleared 1st Redcoat:   02/02/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
1st KD:  Palm Bay 8/14
1st IBC:  Dunnellon 4/15
Palm Bay 4/17 KD Rifleman
Palm Bay 10/20 Rimfire KD Rifleman
NRA Certified (Rifle and Pistol Instructor, RSO)

O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    
  /%       ( V       ,____    O.___.
/  %      o/L         ,___--- V