News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Onancock, VA Fundraiser??

Started by scuzzy, July 29, 2014, 09:05:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzy

I received an email - have no idea what/how to reply. Lady evidently attended some type of Appleseed, wants to attend another, but I have no idea what she is talking about.

I received an email from a lady that sent a question - her email read:

*** initial email received  ***

On 07/29/2014 10:41 AM, se wrote:
Hello,

My daughter attended the Appleseed Event last Saturday on the Eastern Shore in Onancock. VA.
She loved the course and we're planning to sign her up for the Annapolis course August 23rd.

I'm not sure who the instructor was so I've included a photo.
We are trying to find out what rifle she was using and the scope attached to the rifle.
You can see the rifle in the second picture.

*** my reply - I have no idea what a Onancock. VA event was ***

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out who to ask about the pictures. I don't see an Onancock, VA Appleseed listed. It's probably called something else on our database. In July the only VA event I see was in Charlottesville, VA on July 12. Was that the event you are referring to? That was held at the Rivanna Rifle and Pistol Club in Charlottesville.

If you can give me the range name or your daughters full name I can probably determine who to ask about this.

*** her reply back - and I'm still confused - can one of you VA guys help here??? ***

It was a fundraising event at eastern shore organic farms. Appleseed USA is considering the possibility of offering a course at this location in the future. The POC for the event was ***** Lopez.

*** end emails ***

Anybody in VA know what she's talking about? Never heard of Onancock, VA Appleseed - or fundraiser. You can PM me to contact her if you'd like.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

FiremanBob

Scuzzy, this was a private function at which The Wolfhound was invited to run a small marksmanship event. The sponsors of the event have been talking with him about sponsoring a full AS. I could not make it, and don't know which other instructors were there. Best you contact The Wolfhound for following up with the person who emailed you.
Author of "The 10/22 Companion: How to Operate, Troubleshoot, Maintain and Improve Your Ruger 10/22"

"Remember constantly that a nation cannot long remain strong when each man in it is individually weak, and that neither social forms nor political schemes have yet been found that can make a people energetic by composing it of pusillanimous and soft citizens." - de Tocqueville

JL

Scuzzy,

This is the event that "The Wolfhound" and I worked last weekend in Onley VA.  It wasn't an "Appleseed" event in the normal sense.  We ran a small range at a private event in the hopes of establishing a solid POC for developing a new range on the Eastern Shore and generating interest among potential AS participants.  Glad to hear we generated at least one new AS'er.  The Wolfhound will have the details on the rifle in question as all the iron on the range was his. 

JL

The Wolfhound

If it is the shooter I believe it was, she was using my CZ-512 with a Simmons 3-9x scope.  If you send the email to my state coordinator address, I will be able to confirm this and reply to her.
appleseedvirginia@gmail.com