News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

RBC, New Bremen, NY, July 21-25, 2014

Started by dond, July 27, 2014, 10:51:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dond

This will be an abbreviated report since we just completed the subsequent AS late today and I am tired and it will take me 3 days to return home.

We had 6 enthusiastic shooters, including a 9 year old girl who had to shoot an air rifle in order to comply with NY laws.  !@#)
But she did such a good job that she would probably have made a Rifleman score with a 22.

Two of the shooters did shoot the Score and accepted OHs.  ^:)^ Congratulations and thank you to them. Others had some really good scores, such as 195 and 205. It won't take them too long to accomplish that goal, and they plan to become OHs too.  O0

In addition, one shooter at the following AS re-qualified as a Rifleman and accepted an OH.  ^:)^ So it's been a fantastic week, thanks to all the terrific shooters and the highly competent and caring instructors.

I anticipate additional comments, as well as pictures.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

Smurf

RBC PICTURES ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

VietVet

Thanks to all involved in this RBC. It was a GREAT EVENT!

Traveled 7 hours each way to be a part of this one and have NO regrets at all.
Just goes to show you no matter how long you're involved in Project Appleseed you can always learn. Learn we all did. Shooters, Instructors both. Instructors taught the Shooters and from the feed back we received the Shooters taught the Instructors. We all drank from that fire hose, and benefited from it.

Well done SHOOTERS,very well done! :bow:

Congrats to our NEW Rifleman/Women. Job well done, O0

Congrats and THANK YOU to our new ORANGE HATS. The Northeast needs your help and from what I saw we've gained two very promising IIT's.   ^:)^
See you both on the trail.

Special thanks to MI dond and Sarah for making the trip from Kentucky to SB this RBC.
YES, Kentucky...........and I thought my 7 hours was a trip?

Can't thank my fellow Instructors enough. Without their help and understanding I may not have lasted the week dealing with a leg injury. You guys are the best.
Hey Smurf........where's that cooler? ^-^

We just about had every weather condition that exists (well close) heat, burning sun, rain, wind, cloudy days, cool days, beautiful days but all was good.

WE DID IT!..........and enjoyed it.
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

Spartan

I learned alot and was a great time working with you all.  Thank you for the privledge.
"With your shield or on it"

Johnnypower

Thank you all for helping me in achieving a riflemans badge and the honor in acquiring an OH . You all have shown such dedication and professionalism to the program . I will follow your footsteps to the best of my abilities . Keep on keeping on

LittleMo

Great job by all, both students and instructors!  O0
Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional!  :)

Marksmanship can be taught and learned,
but the motivation has to be inspired for the
people to become involved.
How many have you inspired that became involved?

http://www.facebook.com/NYSAppleseed
http://www.facebook.com/ProjectAppleseedVermont

Smurf

RBC Pictures!!!! :---

Smurf

More RBC Pictures!! :--- :---

Smurf

RBC KD Pictures!!! :--- :--- :---

Smurf

RBC Awards Picture!!!! :--- :--- :--- :---