News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

St Charles Sportsman's Club, Waldorf MD July 27-28, 2014

Started by BeSwift, July 26, 2014, 09:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeSwift

Normally, I wait until a shoot is complete, prior to posting an AAR... however, this one deserves a little early crowing..

10 shooters on the line.. by close of day Saturday, NINE has cleaned the Redcoat target and FIVE have made Rifleman! (including one shooter scoring a 247 & 241)..Someone must be teaching em how to shoot in Southern MD....  Let's hope day TWO leads to more success!

This has been a weekend of MD 1st's.. First shoot at St Charles Sportman's Club.. First weekend with TWO shoots going simultaneously.. and First indoor shoot event... 
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

BeSwift

OK, so Sunday totals...  10 shooters total... NINE Riflemen.. TEN cleaned Redcoats... TWO shooters earned the MD Front Site Distinguished patch...  This class, facility and students were legitimately extraordinary..  Working on another shoot at St Charles, hopefully in the Fall.   
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

Mdeng

Brian thank you for the very kind remarks and the hard work you put into this program.  I will pass your remarks on to the Clubs membership and Board of Directors.

The young participants at last weekends event were all members or former members of the clubs Jr. Rifle program which I run with the help of another coach.  While we did give them and their parents time to practice they did all the work.  As an instructor all I did was give them the tools for sucess.  We meet several times at the range as early as 6am in order to get in some range time each week.

The young man the scored 247 on his first attempt is my nephew.   He has been shooting for 9 years and has competed in NRA High Power events at SCSC.  My niece didn't do bad either and earned her Riflemen Patch on her first AQT as well.  I am very proud of their achievements.

I truely enjoyed seeing a family of four reach their goals on the same weekend and it was fun to keep the scores away form Michelle K so I could get  photos of her reaction.