News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

SB and instructors needed - McLean, IL Aug 9-10

Started by TheEditor, July 25, 2014, 11:06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheEditor

The McLean shoot is coming up, and I need help! 

I'll sign up to instruct Sunday, and I can probably be there Saturday morning to help set up and check in.  Set up at this location is a breeze, because the landowner already has the target line set; all you have to do is staple up Redcoats!

But I can't be there all day Saturday.  I normally SB this event, but I need someone to step up.   If you can only make it Saturday, I'll be glad to SB Sunday. 

This will not be a huge shoot - 4 preregs so far; usually a few walk ons; normal attendance is about 10-15. 

Here's the link to last year's shoot: 

https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=36632.0

Notice the canopies in the pics.  This is a great location with great support from Guns Save Life .com and GSL Defense Training. 

Come on out, to shoot or instruct. 

Thanks.

The Editor

John N.
Author of "50 Things You Didn't Learn in School - But Should Have"
www.heuristicbooks.com

TheEditor

John N.
www.heuristicbooks.com

TheEditor

I'm going to keep bumping this until someone notices!
John N.
www.heuristicbooks.com

Shooter30-06

That weekend my bride and I will be celebrating our 38th wedding anniversary and probably will be taking a short trip. 
"We cannot insure success but we can deserve it."-John Adams
"Remember, all men would be tyrants if they could."-Daniel Defoe

TheEditor

38?  that's just a puny pistol caliber anniversary.  When you celebrate your 223rd anniversary, then you get the weekend off.  When you celebrate your 3006th anniversary, then you've got something worth a week off.   (Tongue planted firmly in cheek!)

Seriously, congrats on 38 years.  We'll just have to get some other instructors down (or up) who have yet to experience the Holland Family hospitality. 

TE
John N.
www.heuristicbooks.com

John Boch

Ditto on congrats on your anniversary Steve & Kay.

And I love John's comparison to calibers...

JOhn

TheEditor

Looking better.   Still need another Instructor or IIT, please.

TE
John N.
www.heuristicbooks.com

Steck

Trying to get out of a Saturday commitment in order to SB that day only (can't do both days).

SlingBurn

We are having a daughter on 8/4 (our second), so I won't be able to pitch in.  This first week will be full of adjustment and sleep deprivation.  Okay, more than the first week...but the first week will be roughest.  Okay, maybe not.  Anyways...

The Holland farm is a beautiful set up, anyone who has not been out there should definitely sign up.  Good folks, food, and fun.

Have a great shoot!!

Looking forward to helping bail again, once things calm down on the homestead.
"I have not a man who is afraid to go." - Isaac Davis

Boston

Looks like I can make Sunday but can't get out of Saturday commitments. Let me know if that works for you.

Steck

I can do Saturday only for SB, so this is looking better.  Bringing Ratboy to BH Saturday only also.

TheEditor

Excellent!  I think we're close to getting this fully staffed!

Thanks, Steck!  I'll be there Saturday early morning; looking forward to seeing you in person. 

I'll SB Sunday. 

That's teamwork! 

We've got Bobby (orange hat) and RBKL (Red Hat) both days, Steck SB on Sat, and TheEditor SB on Sunday. 

Maybe Boston on Sunday (another one I'd like to meet in person!). 

Anyone else is welcome (don't let the pre-regs fool you; there will be more, and a few walk ons, I'm confident.

Excellent!  thanks for stepping up.

TE

John N.
www.heuristicbooks.com

Boston

See you Sunday morning. Will bring some donuts.

TheEditor

How did you know I could be bribed with donuts?
John N.
www.heuristicbooks.com