News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Montana Appleseeders sign in and be recognized!

Started by glocker21, October 21, 2008, 02:09:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MontanaCrusader

Welcome aboard Logan.  Glad to have you.

Jon - Billings
"It's the unconquerable soul of man, not the nature of the weapon he uses, that insures victory."

glocker21

"Americans, both politicians and voters, may have become corrupted by big government beyond redemption.

A virtuous government requires a virtuous people.

A frugal government requires a selfâˆ'reliant people.

A free country requires people who value liberty more than
money."
Charley Reese

MontanaCrusader

Just gearing up for summer...  Work has been hoppin', nothing like the spring runoff.  Everything else is going great.  How are things on your end.

Jon
"It's the unconquerable soul of man, not the nature of the weapon he uses, that insures victory."

glocker21

Quote from: MontanaCrusader on June 08, 2010, 09:35:38 PM
Just gearing up for summer...  Work as been hoppin', nothing like the spring runoff.  Everything else is going great.  How are things on your end.

Jon

I have bee nswamped wit hElection p[rep and now today, the actual election. I will be deealing with election issues for the next two weeks.
I was not pleased with my performance Saturday or Sunday. My back really negatively impacted my shooting.
"Americans, both politicians and voters, may have become corrupted by big government beyond redemption.

money."
Charley Reese

Mark Davis

Hi Logan,
Perhaps, we can get your family out for a little bite of the apple.
I have targets.
Greetings all,
Mark

Kaiser Leib

Quote from: Hatsoff on June 08, 2010, 02:38:59 PM
Hi it is logan i got a user :--- ^:)^ :wb:

Jeez, and they already made some emoticons of you. Welcome to the forums, my extremely accurate friend.
When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.
-Edmund Burke

I would prefer a rope of sand to shackles of iron.

ismith

Going to try to make the shoot in Boulder on 17th and 18th of July, work permiting.  Would a bolt action .22 work for the short stuff?

Mark Davis

ismith,
Welcome to the web site and looking forward to meeting you.
A bolt action will do, and in the end make you more competent than semi-auto. But you may have second thoughts along the way.
Mark

MontanaCrusader

Ismith,  I tried to use a bolt action rifle on an Appleseed...  Not saying it can't be done, but wow.  I was doing "OK" with the shots fired, but could not get all my shots off.  The AQT is very fast paced, the target acquisition and reloading is hard enough with a semi-auto, cycling a bolt makes it even harder.  I swapped to my semi-auto the second day and never looked back... 

Jon

glocker21

Welcome to Appleseed! I hope to see you in Boulder. I have to agree with both Clodhopper and Crusader. Bolt action will force you to slow down a bit an make better shots BUT as Crusader said the AQT is VERY fast paced.

money."
Charley Reese

Kaiser Leib

I'm with clod, glocker and crusader. If you struggle with shooting too fast rather than taking your time, a bolt gun can be a good training aid, but it also provides a small hurdle to jump over since AQTs can be "rushed" even with a semi-auto. Go ahead and bring your bolt gun (with a sling, of course, and peep sights if you can get 'em); if nothing else, clod or I (or someone else no doubt) can loan you a semi-auto.
When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.
-Edmund Burke

I would prefer a rope of sand to shackles of iron.

Wheeler44

Hey there Montana....I'm only kinda a Mt. Appleseeder...I say ..Bring the bolt rifle...If you can "run the gun" it will not be too hard.....Just remember that on the "Timed" stages 8x5=40....10x3=30..It's better to make fewer shots on target than more misses...I know several many shooters that scored rifleman with a bolt rifle...

W44,  a "boltie" fan..

edit for bad math
"Appleseed,  putting the second amendment into the hands of American citizens."     -Mrs. Wheeler

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship instructors on the planet."   -Son of Martha

bru

geez guys... what's wrong with coming to an Appleseed and getting better at using your rifle?  making Rifleman is a goal, but it's not the only goal.
there's nothing wrong with bringing a bolt-action rifle. 

"Our friends show us what we can do; our enemies teach us what we must do"  -Goethe

glocker21

both Bru and Wheeler have spoken like wise sages

money."
Charley Reese

Wade

Alltho not from MT (your stuck with me this weekend) I have personaly timed and scored a Riflemans score done with a single shot  bolty rifle  (note I did not shot the score I just added it up) and even with some shots not made (ran out of time )  good hits count better then fast shots.

Wade
Got Tired of looking for a Rifle Range So we Dug one up!
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !

mtmisfit

Quote from: ismith on June 17, 2010, 12:39:01 AM
Going to try to make the shoot in Boulder on 17th and 18th of July, work permiting.  Would a bolt action .22 work for the short stuff?

ismith,

Bring the bolt gun, where'd you get the idea it wouldn't work? Shots on target count, faster shots that don't connect don't.

Shoot the best shots you can on stages 2 & 3, 8 - 4's are better than 10 = 3's, and take your time on stage 4.

Yes, I fired rifleman on my first AQT with a CZ452 bolt gun. Slow is smooth and smooth is fast.

Shooting rifleman is a goal, but not the only goal.  I'll take someone who keeps at it and keeps progressing who doesn't shoot rifleman over someone who shoots rifleman twice out of 50 tries and calls it good.

Shooting a rifleman score is not the same as being a Rifleman.

One last thing, shooting is a mental game. If you tell yourself you are going to have trouble with a bolt gun, you won't disappoint yourself. Stop thinking about it and shoot.

mtmisfit  :~
"Count it the greatest sin to prefer life to honor, and for the sake of living to lose what makes life worth having."

"Lo Que Sea, Cuando Sea, Donde Sea"

".. You MUST learn from the mistakes of others. You can't possibly live long enough to make them all yourself..."

"central planning cannot work because it is trying to substitute an individual all-knowing intelligence for a distributed and fragmented system of localized but connected knowledge."

"Process and Procedure are the last hiding place of people without the wit and wisdom to do their job properly."

Earl

I am with Wheeler44 - bring your bolt action, if it is a clean operating one and you are happy you will score Rifleman. Kind of like the difference between a standard transmission and an automatic - one is easier but both will do the job, and for certain things using your gears will help you in different situations that more gasoline and higher revs won't.

8x5=40 and 10x3=30, but we do know one should make their shots count, center hits in a tight group is the way to go.
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

ismith

Thanks for all the replys everyone!  My wife may come with me on the 18th so ill let her use my 1022 then.  Ill be bringing an M1 Garand as well. 

Wade

hey all

Any one close to Glasgow ?or at lest know the phone number for the range there I have this number but its not right 406 228-4403.

Would like to meet with another Appleseeder(or Appleseeder's) and get some trigger time in  I have target's ammo etc .

just here for a delivery have all day sunday and part of saturday.
pm me
Thank's
Wade
Got Tired of looking for a Rifle Range So we Dug one up!
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !

MTSittingBear

Hey all, I'm Schaeffer. Already known to a few here, looking forward to getting to know some more of the fine appleseed folks. I live in Missoula and am the younger brother of MTProgrammer. My user name is the suggestion of someone I look up to, since I shoot better seated then I do prone.
-No man alive or dead commands me, I answer to the Lord.

glocker21

Quote from: MTSittingBear on September 07, 2010, 03:10:57 AM
Hey all, I'm Schaeffer. Already known to a few here, looking forward to getting to know some more of the fine appleseed folks. I live in Missoula and am the younger brother of MTProgrammer. My user name is the suggestion of someone I look up to, since I shoot better seated then I do prone.

Welcome Schaeffer! Glad to see you here. I am impressed with the fact that you shoot great seated and by back will not let me get into seated...you impress me

Glocker21 sends

money."
Charley Reese

MTSittingBear

Thank you, I'm honored to receive such compliments from the instructors I respect.
-No man alive or dead commands me, I answer to the Lord.

BEEMER

Hey Glocker , I'm now on board , had lots of fun at the boot camp. Finally shot a 211 w/M1A actual distance! :) So, I have an orange hat what now? What do I do to go further down the road of instructor ? I'm not exactly sure who was the Shoot Boss, there were several red hats. do I need to get logged on, registered as a IIT to get the training mat'ls access ?
Sure had fun this week , thanks for being there.
John in Livingston

Mark Davis

Hey BEEMER,
Glad to see you online, The Guy was the real shoot boss for the boot camp and weekend appleseed, send him a message by clicking on the "my messages" link in the tool bar.
you should get new message link there. Click on that, then.
Address your message to The Guy and tell him who you are and to please sign you up as an instructor. hit send.
I will give your screen name to Western Rose, she is riding herd on instructors in the intermountian west. She has info for you and is a great help.

glocker21

Quote from: BEEMER on September 22, 2010, 12:04:22 AM
Hey Glocker , I'm now on board , had lots of fun at the boot camp. Finally shot a 211 w/M1A actual distance! :) So, I have an orange hat what now? What do I do to go further down the road of instructor ? I'm not exactly sure who was the Shoot Boss, there were several red hats. do I need to get logged on, registered as a IIT to get the training mat'ls access ?
Sure had fun this week , thanks for being there.
John in Livingston

Hey there John! Glad to have you there. I am at work at the moment. I will send you a PM this evening with links to all the cool stuff we have here to make it a little easier to find. I would definitely PM Guy and ask to be placed on the IIT list and given access to IIT links

Jerry

money."
Charley Reese

gg2340

Jason in Billings signing in.  I'm the fal(l) guy from three Forks. Hope to see you other MT folks around, especially if you end up over here in "south-central"

Mark Davis

Welcome Jason,
We have been in Billings, at the Blue Creek range.
Eager to come back, in need of a local to set it up.

glocker21

Hey there Jason!

I am trying to see what Montana Crusader has planned for the Billings area. As soo nas I have that info I will (or Crusader will) post it. Welcome!

money."
Charley Reese

smiley_dan

Just letting all you guys know,  since I would forget someone if I sent a message, that  I have a phone again.  620-770-2617
Dan

Countree

Paul Fischer
Great Falls
pmf_allpro  at hotmail dot com
406-231-1500
I am on the board for Missouri River Shooters Assoc. http://www.montanashooters.org/
and we also are part of the Great Falls Shooting Sports Complex www.gfssc.net

We are planning a shoot On july 9th and 10th 2011!