News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Another one stepping up

Started by The Wolfhound, July 23, 2014, 09:08:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wolfhound

AMHLDO has stepped up.  I welcome him to the Virginia Corps.    His shooting has been with the Maryland crew thus far, but his efforts have been in getting C2 back on line and it looks like they have been paying off.
Huzzah!

MostlyHarmless

Welcome aboard, Kirt! Looking forward to working with you.
"Alas!! I spy a shooting bench and stool ahead in yonder treeline. Perhaps also there is a forefather with a rifle. I fear an ambush!"
-not overheard during the British retreat from Concord, Apr 19, 1775

navybowhunter

Awesome news!  Kirt will be an outstanding instructor, I have no doubt of this.  What has impressed and also motivated me, is how serious he is taking this program.  He has already read and finished Paul Revere's Ride.  Kirt is my best friend, and we cut up and joke alot, but when we talk about Project Appleseed, the conversation normally takes a more serious tone.

By the way, Kirt (AMHLDO) had a baby boy (well his wife did) this morning at 0350.  Kirt gets his Orange Hat on the day his son Colten is born!

I look forward to the day that Colten is on an Appleseed Firing Line, earning his Rifleman!

Welcome Kirt, proud to take this journey together with you my brother!

R/
Chris

FFJim

Welcome to the team. Thanks for stepping up.

J
FF Jim
Dundalk, MD

FiremanBob

Kirt, welcome to the team! New OH recruits Kirt, Kim and Katie are all great additions, and very timely too as we have recently lost a few hats to out-of-state transfers.
Author of "The 10/22 Companion: How to Operate, Troubleshoot, Maintain and Improve Your Ruger 10/22"

"Remember constantly that a nation cannot long remain strong when each man in it is individually weak, and that neither social forms nor political schemes have yet been found that can make a people energetic by composing it of pusillanimous and soft citizens." - de Tocqueville

BD

Excellent!
Welcome to the Free States.
I look forward to working with you.
Up the Republic

AMHLDO

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.  Happy to finally pick up a bucket.

Any other Hampton Roader's out there?  As The Wolfhound mentioned I'm beating the C2 drum, which hasn't been as easy as I imagined it would be.  The press continues though.

Just speaking from a volume standpoint Hampton Roads should have an Applseed home.  My personal goal is to have some events in the Tidewater area on the schedule for next year.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.   

fisherdawg

AMHLDO,
Welcome aboard.  We need more folks with buckets.
Please reach out if I can ever be of help.
O0
fisherdawg
If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary. (James Madison)

"Young man, what we meant in going for those Redcoats was this: we always had governed ourselves and we always meant to. They didn't mean we should."
(Captain Levi Preston, of the Danvers militia, at age 91, remembering the day)

That it is an indispensable duty which we owe to God, our country, ourselves and posterity, by all lawful ways and means in our power to maintain, defend and preserve those civil and religious rights and liberties, for which many of our fathers fought, bled and died, and to hand them down entire to future generations.  Suffolk Resolves, September 9, 1774, attributed to Dr. Joseph Warren

jmdavis

The problem with Hampton Roads is finding a suitable range. C2 works. Lafayette doesn't allow normal prone shooting (for highpower matches they have platforms that fit over the benches for prone and sitting). And there are not a lot of other choices. Over the years we have visited and made pitches for the Airfield range in Wakefield and the range in Whitestone. We ran 2 to 3 events per year at C2 in 2009, 2010, and 2011. They were very accomodating.

The secret to events in Virginia since 2008 has always been a personal relationship between an Appleseeder (instructor etc) and a range. Those relationships are why there have been events at Cavalier, Black Creek, C2, Buckingham, Lynchburg, and Rivanna.

Keep trying, but don't get depressed if it doesn't work out immediately.
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

JL

Welome aboard AMHLDO, JL here.  I'm in Va Beach.  Willing to help out and try to get C2 online!