News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Houghton Lake, MI July 19 and 20, 2014 AAR

Started by Superheat, July 21, 2014, 07:48:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superheat

Wow,  What a great Appleseed.  The weather was just perfect.  70-80 degrees and mostly sunny both days.  The only thing better was the new friends we made.  Some came from Royal Oak and some from Ann Arbor and two local.
When I said to Ted, wow a 2.5 hour drive to come Appleseed?  His response was 'that's nothing',  Now that is my kind of Appleseeder.  It takes me back to the old days when we drove all over the state to do events.
I can honestly say these students made GREAT improvements.  The groups kept shrinking and shrinking.  Unfortunately, we ran out of time or I would have been handing out several patches.
Sue keep it up those stage 4 groups were looking good.
Richard keep working on that seated position it will become rock steady.
Evan I know next time will be the charm... We will find a way to keep the evil jambs from happening.
Ted, you were looking rock solid in prone.  Keep working on your npoa.
Alex we need to keep you from "fussing" those shots.  Place your npoa on the target and trust it.
George, I'm coming to see that Bloody Butchery poster.  I have a t-shirt for you.  OOOps I forgot. (bad Shootboss)

Let's do it again real soon... say August 16/17? Same time same place?

IRONSIDES

The weather was great and I'm so proud of Ironsides, completing his instructor training.
Yarnjunky

IRONSIDES

more pics

Hammer Forged

Congratulations Ironsides!  Houghton Lake is a great range to earn your Red Hat at and it looked like a great weekend for Patriotic Americans to celebrate our shared heritage.
Tinnitus?    No, its Liberty calling!

"Those who HAMMER their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson

SACH

Thank you all for a great weekend of learning .  My shooting accuracy improved immensely and the history was taught the way it should be, by people who love it and focused upon the people who lived it.  I'll be back for a repeat first chance I get and I'm bringing reinforcements.

Sabby

Thanks for everything guys! It was an awesome weekend. I'll be back soon with friends.

-Alex

mac66

Thanks to all the shooters who showed for a great weekend and joined the Appleseed family. Had lots of fun working with you all.  Just got home from spending a few days at the cabin, no phone, no internet so just checking in.
Status quo, you know, is Latin for 'the mess we're in'.
Ronald Reagan

Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. Will Rogers

The King has degenerated into a tyrant and forfeits all rights to his subjects' obedience."  Patrick Henry, 1765

Motivation?...The best solution to morale problems is to kill all the unhappy people  Ghenghis Khan

Shadsmom

CONGRATULATIONS IRONSIDES! A big Thank You to you for the use of the equipment and another big Thank You to YarnJunky for the food. I had a great time at Houghton Lake and am still talking about it a week later. I am thinking about getting a Contest Winner Ruger 10/22. I will be back again. As a woman,  I really appreciate the comfortable and welcoming atmosphere. Thanks again to Houghton Lake Sportsman's Club and all of the fine people at Project Appleseed.

Superheat

Shadsmom,

See you August 16.  I will bring some patches.

Superheat

Unpacking my equipment and I found a regular sized Midway mat.  If you left it at the Houghton Lake event, send me a private message.