News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Azusa CA, One Day AS (Burro Canyon) Jul 19, 2014 AAR

Started by pennys dad, July 20, 2014, 08:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pennys dad

Azusa CA, One Day AS (Burro Canyon) Jul 19, 2014 AAR

The Appleseed went almost perfectly.

The day started out with several of our students arriving super early, apparently traffic was not what they had anticipated. Everyone pitched in and we got the range setup quickly.
We had a father and 10 year old daughter, one student from Japan that spoke only Japanese and was visiting a friend here in the US. His friend acted as his translator and two additional students.

The day went very well.

We got the three strikes done, Sam Whittemore, Dr. Warren, and Mother Batherick. 

Note to self: Reach out to Savage this week asking for a bolt action rimfire with a magazine, irons and most importantly a youth stock. She was focused and safe.
We got some nice history done: three strikes done, Sam Whittemore, Dr. Warren, and Mother Batherick. 

We scored one new Riflemen: Nate. Nate scored a solid 216 . Congratulation Nate and welcome aboard, Nate also requested a Orange hat :-) Thank You Nate for stepping up and bringing your daughters.

Nate also brought his daughter Audrey and she did great. We had to work through some rifle and positions issues but at the end Audrey mastered the standing and seated position. Well done Audrey and congratulations on the Luther Blanchard patch.

Aaron worked through the standing and seated position all day long. By mid day Aaron was hitting a steady 6 moa group on the squares standing, :-) Nice Job! I hope to cya soon.

Chris started out the day siting in his iron sites and hitting a steady 6 moa groups. There was a 16 click adjustment needed at one point the really brought Chris on paper and scoring a steady 6 moa. Well done Chris and I hope to see you back.

Ken and Shin :-) well here we had an interesting situation. Shin spoke no english, he was visiting from Japan and Ken his friend interpreted for him. Shin scored a steady, consistent 6 moa from the start! Well Done!  Ken was on paper from the first square and consistently improved. Ken come on back so we can work on getting you that patch.

Overall we had a great shoot. Dan our blue hat worked his second AS and did great, Thank You Dan.
David is an orange hat the needs his red hat ;-) Thank You

All in all for a One Day Appleseed the worst part of it all was I talked alot  :)

pictures on next post

NastyNate

Great pics and great shoot. Your instruction help me earned the coveted patch. Audrey is inspired and has committed herself to earn her own patch. Looking forward to helping out where I can.