News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Leyden MA, 7/12 - 13/2014

Started by goodpiper, July 14, 2014, 09:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goodpiper

Another weekend has come and gone at the beautiful Leyden Rifle Club(LRC)( leydenrifleclub.us ) range. We had 7 shooters on Saturday, with 6 of them returning on Sunday. I was honored to work with and be kept in line by 5 Great instructors. aim, Ulysses, hbennett, Sir_Ludavic, and exodious. Thanks guys! you make my job easy. O0

On Sunday Chippinder took a patch with a score of 212, and then 214. I look forward to working with Chippinder as an IIT soon .  David crossed the line with 210. Chris came in at 195, I look forward to getting him over the line!

Everyone worked hard, and for the most part stayed hydrated. (Sat. was sunny and hot for Leyden)

A special thanks to LRC members Elwin and Dave for making the range look real sharp.

Appleseed will be retuning to Leyden (the Hidden Jewell of Western Mass) Sept 13 & 14. I hope to see you there.  ~~:)

goodpiper

More pictures.  :~

hbennett

It was an AWESOME weekend!  The weather was great. The shooters were motivated, and it was an honor and a  priviledge to work with and learn from some very gifted instructors, red hats and orange hats alike.   Leyden is definitely a hidden jewel. It's worth the trip for the KD experience alone.
To me, the best indicator of a good AS, was my teenager, who on the ride home asked "So dad, when's the next one?".  He certainly enjoyed the amount of 1-on-1 training time he got from the various instructors.  He now speaks of being motivated to shooting a rifleman score so that he can earn an orange hat.   

I cannot say enough about the caliber of students.. yeah, pun intended..  All showed remarkable motivation, and many need just a tiny bit more work, and they WILL leave the ranks of "cooks"  join the ranks of the riflemen.  It is always an honor to coach the new shooters.
Focus Your Mind on Keeping the Front Sight on the Target
--
"I'm a free born man of the U.S.A."

exodious

It was a great weekend. I was pleasantly surprised that we had 7 on Saturday with 6 returning Sunday. I'll be working with Chris and Frank and Tena to try and keep them practicing. With both Chris and Frank scoring high's of 195, I think they stand a very good chance of making Rifleman at their next Appleseed. I don't recall what Tena's high score was, but I'm sure that the 1:1 time with aim helped!

hbennett

David gets special mention IMHO because he scored rifleman, at his first AS, and with a bolt-gun.. Wicked-Awesome!!

-hbennett
Focus Your Mind on Keeping the Front Sight on the Target
--
"I'm a free born man of the U.S.A."