News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Corona CA, Jul 12-13, 2014 AAR

Started by V, July 14, 2014, 11:48:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

V

Given that it was mid-July in Corona CA this was a great shoot, it was hot but no where near as brutal as it could have been. So kudos to everyone who turned out for this shoot. We had 9 pre-registered shooters and two walk-ons for Saturday, with 8 returning for Sunday.

David was a returning Appleseeder who arrived at 7:30 and was a great help in setting up, tearing down and helping with line clearing and offering advice and encouragement to the younger shooters on the line. We say at AS that you get out of this program what you are willing to put into it and David was rewarded on Sunday with a 217 with his AR and new ACOG after having listened and applied the skills on Saturday with his .22. Congratulations David and sincere thanks for your help throughout the weekend.

Jon, Henry and Chris were also early arrivals in the "Alarm List" category. Also a great teachable attitude, lots of good questions and just have to chase that elusive "put all the elements together on a single AQT." I'm sure with some dry-practice and range time with the targets and you'll do great at the next one. Thanks also to Jon for helping out with the line clearing. (Hint you and David have got a jump start on  the Instructor in Training 1 level there  @) )

Aaron and Raymond were in our training band age group. Aaron was a returning AS who could only make Sat and couldn't quite make the score on our last 2 AQTs of Sat. Raymond was first time AS, took lots of notes, asked lots of good questions and I'm sure will make his score at his next AS.

Brandon and Haley with walk-on friends Mathew and Trevor were our Minute Men contingent and had a good weekend and understand their equipment and fitting the rifle size needs. Mathew and Trevor were AS returners for Sat only.

Emmerson represented our Luther Blanchard contingent with honour trying out his new Ruger Takedown. I'm sure if we'd got on to the equipment problems quicker we might have seen some close scores from his as well. He did a good job of fixing them himself.

Everyone feel free to comment, make suggestions (I know more instructors) and post any pictures etc. Some people have commented over on the Calguns Appleseed area here.

Cheers
Phil   "V"

V

Here is the link for the book exchange to find not only first editions, such as this Beneath Old Roof Trees, but also print on demand reproductions of books referenced from David Hacket Fischer's "Paul Reveres Ride".

This is the Luther Blanchard story.

This is the Harvard 500 copies first edition limited print of Jeremy Listers account of Concord Fight.

I also teased everyone about the flags and so your free starter for 10 is Sgt William Jasper's story behind the Moultrie Flag.

Another good site here where you could leave a note of appreciation for this old fellow among many, many, many others.

V

Red CoatsShooters100 Yard200 Yard300 Yard400 YardHSCleared
Saturday AM
Saturday PM
Sunday AM
Sunday PM