News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

If you are in Ohio

Started by jmdavis, July 12, 2014, 02:33:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmdavis

If you are in Ohio or a neighboring state and you want to see if Appleseed training works consider doing the CMP/USAMU Small Arms Firing School Rifle Clinic. The clinic will run Wednesday 16 and Thursday 17 and conclude with an "M16 EIC match" on Thursday. All you need is your personal gear, water bottle, snacks, maybe a stool and an open mind. Rifles and ammo are provided. If you have a scope or binos and a mat that you like to use bring them.

Among the coaches that will be conducting the clinic is 2013 National Highpower Champion Brandon Green.

Registration is available online and check in is Tuesday by 8 pm (I think, check for yourself) the 15.

Here is the calendar,

http://www.thecmp.org/NM/2014NMCalendar.pdf

To create a cmp account and register, go here:
https://ct.thecmp.org/app/v1/index.php?do=match&task=edit&match=11024

If you finish in the top 10% of the match you will earn 4 points toward the Distinguished Rifleman medal. Even if you don't, you will learn some things about shooting under pressure on a line with 650 other shooters.
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

Cadence

I'm there!  I've done this event every year since 2010 - an awesome event. Where else can you go where they furnish a rifle, ammo, good instruction (but not as good as AS  ;D ), a T-shirt and two days of fun for $40?

I always see fellow Appleseeders there. I'm urging every Appleseeder to wear am Appleseed shirt instead of the ones they pass out at registration. It will distinguish you from everyone else and also help other Appleseeders connect with each other. It will also help spread the message when people come up to you to ask about your AS shirt.
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

OutaAmmo

I will be there with my Appleseed shirt on.  My 4th year taking the school.  Cheap price and the school is taught by the members of the AMU (Army Markmanship Unit). 

BeSwift

Some of the MD crew will be at Perry Fri-Mon, for CMP games.. Hope to meet a bunch of you while there! BeSwift
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

Cadence

BeSwift

I'll also be there Sat-Mon.  Saturday AM JCG Match at Viale. Sunday AM Vintage Springfield at Viale, Sunday PM - Vintage Miltary at Viale. Monday AM M1 Carbine, Second relay.

Hope to see you somewhere on the line.
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

LindaFromAppleCreek

Daughter and I will be there.
aka Mustang380gal