News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Camp Perry 2014 National Matches

Started by OutaAmmo, July 05, 2014, 12:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OutaAmmo

Is anyone going to Camp Perry this year to shoot in the National Matches?  Every year I see several people wearing AS shirts or colored hats.  Sometimes I even have time to chat with them.

My fist year I shot in the CMP Rimfire Sporter Match.  I finished better than I thought.  I went out to see how competitive I was and if I could even see the targets.  Moved up to shooting High Power with my AR-15.  The competition is tough.  The reason I go is because of the skills I learned in Appleseed and I like the competition.  I will be shooting in the Small Arms School and match again this year and 3 matches with my AR.  One a team match with a former Red Hat.  This will be my 1st year shooing the M1 in the John C. Garand Match. 

Everyone that likes to shoot should come out here at least once and shoot in the Small Arm Firing School and a few of the other matches.  It really is not expensive if you camp out and reload your ammo.  The mess hall has the best food and the biggest bang for you buck.

OutaAmmo

Birdman

I will be attending the Sporter match. Great fun. Several Riflemen will be going with me.

james76

Ill be shooting the M1 carbine ,M1 garand and 1903 match. Might stick around to shoot the M1A