News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Eagle Creek, OR June 2014 AAR

Started by Kimber Custom, June 17, 2014, 04:11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimber Custom

We've got a great crew on tap for this weekend, weather looks perfect - see you all this weekend.

Kimber Custom

Too tired to post anything useful,  but it was a great day and tomorrow will be even better.

kenjo

Another fine group of shooters with typical Pacific Northwest first day of summer weather  :cool2:. Shooters demonstrated excellent improvement through the weekend in spite of hot, muggy weather. I was very impressed especially with out young shooters. Very safe, paid attention and showed real potential. I see Rifleman patches in their future!

Prescott giving pre-April 19 history.

Attentive shooters.

Whit giving the safety rules Saturday morning.
"At what point then is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer, if it ever reach us, it must spring up amongst us. It cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."  Abraham Lincoln

Kimber Custom

Well it's Monday morning and my body is at work but my heart and mind are still out on the range.

We had 15 rifles Sat and 9 on Sun (10 when Janer plopped down to send a few rounds through a new AR). Group was eager to learn and took instruction well. New orange hat Redram jumped right in with both feet. As Kenjo pointed out, we had exceptional youth shooters. I thought for sure we were going to give out a Rifleman patch to Kaitlin - but alas, the heat got too her.

More than half the group were shooting in the 170's-208. Chris was the loan shooter to break the magic 210 mark. Huzzah to the new Rifleman. I'm convinced that if it had been 15-20* cooler we would have passed out a few more patches.

Thank you all for showing up. I hope to see you on the trail again.

Ooh SBR!

Shoot Bosses need hugs too

Maybe I bring too much stuff?

Kimber Custom

redram1149 getting his Orange hat:

Chris getting his Rilfeman patch:

Prescott

I had a great day out on the Range on Saturday.  Sorry I was not there on Sunday, but I had to slave away in the backyard, as I will be at the AS in Springfield next weekend.

I am glad to hear the students improved their marksmanship skills on Sunday.   At the end of the day on Saturday, I think the warm weather was taking it toll on the students.

Congratulation to Chris on shooting a Rifleman scores.  I know a few more students will achieve that goal if they practice the Steady Hold Factors and NPOA shifts at home.

Look forwards to seeing you all again.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

whit

Congratulations to Chris our newest Rifleman.  I know a few more will make it as well.  I hope  to see them all at another Appleseed.

Chris, you need to take an orange hat.

Joe come back and get that patch......it's within reach.

Always fun to work hard with such a great group of instructors and students.

Whit

Cwayburn

I was glad I made it out over the weekend, I left tired and sore but satisfied, I really enjoyed my first Appleseed event.  Great group of instructors and an enthusiastic group of shooters, especially the juniors who showed up their dads on more than a few courses of fire.

Hope to get back out to Eagle Creek in September for the next shoot.

-Chris