News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Waterman, IL June 14 -15, 2014 AAR

Started by Steck, June 14, 2014, 10:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steck

What a gorgeous day with some unexpected new faces!   
So glad to have you out on this bright sunny day!

Jump on in with your comments, folks...  and if you have photos, let's see 'em!

Steck

Ben walks 'em through Steady Hold Factors

Early morning firing line

Steck

Well-deserved Trigger Time for Boo Boo

How'd I do?

Steck

Body geometry plays a big part in what works for you for seated!

Time for some dry fire

Professor X and Elusive E

Boston

What a great weekend!! A wonderful group of shooters made great progress and a few are knocking at the door to rifleman. Windy Waterman lived up to it's name on Sunday, forcing us to take down the canopies and buffeted the shooters.

There were a few items that got left behind Sunday evening. Let me know if any of these items belong to you.

Hope to see you all again!

Steck

Ed has the best support hand of the whole day

Xander does KD with a rifle triple his age

Steck

Ben helps fine-tune Andy's technique

If you've never seen Marlin's Appleseed LTR rifle in person ... well, it looks like this.
Neat, huh?

Sundance

Xander here, the kid with the ponytail wearing green. I'm cleaning my Ruger, adding another layer of aloe vera, and looking over my targets in order throughout the two days. Two days ago I had no real idea on how to use my sights but always managed to pretend otherwise, and repeatedly adjusted them in the wrong direction much to everyone's amusement.  By the time we shot the last MOA squares, Steck and Boston had me putting all five shots through the square. That is a level of patience you won't find among professional instructors, let alone volunteers doing this out of love for the sport and their country!

Steck

... waves Blue Hat at Sundance ...                                                          ... waves Blue Hat at Sundance ...                                                          ... waves Blue Hat at Sundance ...                                                         

Steck

Steve, solid as a rock.
If you're wondering about the ammo cans everywhere, well, it was windy.
Like, really windy.

Brad finishes his course of fire.

Steck

Evan, our youngest shooter, hung in there for a hot two days, improved like crazy, and showed us how it's done!

Happy victorious group!

Steck

... waves blue hat at Jordy ...                                                      ... waves blue hat at Jordy ...                                                      ... waves blue hat at Jordy ...                                                     

More painkiller, and Aloe, good idea Sundance!

Jordy

OK so its Jordy (aka Jordan) from today!! I had such a blast this weekend. I was able to develop a better shot in just two shot days. agh!!! so much fun. I am so excited to do more of these in the near future! Already signed up for my next one! On the other hand.... I look and feel like a lobster.   :-[
-Jordy

Boston

Quote from: Sundance on June 16, 2014, 02:09:34 AM
Xander here, the kid with the ponytail wearing green. I'm cleaning my Ruger, adding another layer of aloe vera, and looking over my targets in order throughout the two days. Two days ago I had no real idea on how to use my sights but always managed to pretend otherwise, and repeatedly adjusted them in the wrong direction much to everyone's amusement.  By the time we shot the last MOA squares, Steck and Boston had me putting all five shots through the square. That is a level of patience you won't find among professional instructors, let alone volunteers doing this out of love for the sport and their country!
Sundance, you got those sights figured out and had some great groups Sunday, getting your NPOA down. I have the proof! Keep practicing and no napping on that sleeping bag.

Boston

Quote from: Jordy on June 16, 2014, 03:21:04 AM
OK so its Jordy (aka Jordan) from today!! I had such a blast this weekend. I was able to develop a better shot in just two shot days. agh!!! so much fun. I am so excited to do more of these in the near future! Already signed up for my next one! On the other hand.... I look and feel like a lobster.   :-[
Jordy, hope you and Brad have some extra aloe Vera for the sunburn. Look forward to seeing you guys again and a repeat of that tiny 5 shot group.

Jordy

Boston!!! I love love love that picture! Thank you very much. and we sure do have some aloe.. for sure feeling it today! We will be at the next appleseed that you're at in waterman so let us know!! :)
-Jordy

Jordy

here are some pictures!
-Jordy

Sundance

That second picture (Discussing the benefits of bracing against the ribs in the standing position) really resembles some kind of 'I'm a little teapot' dance when taken out of context...