News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Palm Bay FL June 7-8, 2014

Started by TheMenace, June 12, 2014, 08:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMenace

Despite a small turn out (some folks slipped away south to the lights of Hollywood) it was a very successful shoot at PMRPC.  Bill-o-Rites was the Shoot Boss with assistance of Orange Hats HeidiHeidi, TheMenace and Brett. Guntuckian repeated his performance of April as Rifleman and accepted an Orange Hat on Sunday. Way to go Gary! James, a return shooter from April, teased Rifleman score on his second time out but will have to return again to complete the job. Emily, a young lady just entering 10th grade, turned in respectable scores despite that she had never shot before this event. Once fitted with the right equipment she went to work with a third loaner rifle and shot Marksman on Sunday.  Great attitude and perseverance! She will be an awesome Rifleman one day soon. Gus and Scherri showed tremendous improvement and will be back for more. Bob and his son Bobby on vacation in Vero Beach had planned to attend our event for months. They successfully carried their 10-22 take-downs on the plane from South Dakota. Bob's planning and preparation paid off with the award of his Rifleman patch. He plans to hook up with the fledgling program in his area when he gets home and take an Orange Hat. Congrats Bob! (Pictures will be posted soon.)
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land
https://youtu.be/w6H12dyS8FI
Joshua 1:9

TheMenace

Some Pictures...
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land
https://youtu.be/w6H12dyS8FI
Joshua 1:9

Guntuckian

The turnout was smaller than usual, but quality has a number of its very own that goes beyond mere head counts!  I saw some of the greatest improvements that I have ever seen, in a very short time.  I believe that the high ratio of instructors to students is what contributed to this!  O0

As for some of our regulars going south to the bright lights of Hollywood, 'tis true, but outreach to strengthen Project Appleseed is a great idea!  Speaking of which, we will be staffing the PMRPC's booth at the local show in Melbourne this weekend.  So, I have a feeling we will see much larger numbers of new shooters at the next Palm Bay AS in August!

As for me, I had fun as always, and cleaned the 400 yard targets in Stage 4 multiple times, with 100 points each time, which was a personal first for me. And,  I was honored to be offered the opportunity to "pay it forward", and gladly accepted the Orange hat.  Thanks!

--Gary
--------------------------------------------------
1st Appleseed:           04/20/2013 - Palm Bay, FL
Rifleman:                   02/01/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
Cleared 1st Redcoat:   02/02/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
1st KD:  Palm Bay 8/14
1st IBC:  Dunnellon 4/15
Palm Bay 4/17 KD Rifleman
Palm Bay 10/20 Rimfire KD Rifleman
NRA Certified (Rifle and Pistol Instructor, RSO)

O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    
  /%       ( V       ,____    O.___.
/  %      o/L         ,___--- V

draken

HUZZAH! Guntucknian!!!

Kinda sad that I missed this shot but I even far south than Malabar in a much needed R&R but here, I have the opportunity to re-affirm why the Appleseed Program is so important... Won't comment further because is "current events"...

James... In the bubble! Looks like you are waiting for an InfernoSeed patch!
"Those things which are precious are saved only by sacrifice."
~David K. Webster~

phatkat

Just a thank you to all of you Appleseed  Instructors!

:~    CCI Blazer in stock at PSA

heidiheidi

Everyone tried hard and brought their best effort.  :P  Thank you to all who committed a weekend to improving themselves and their country.  ^:)^  It was fun seeing everyone improve.  ~~:)  I love the cool breeze that surprised us all on Sunday.  See you at the next one!  ^:)^   :~  Heidi
Heidiheidi :F

The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees*. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003