News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

HAT CREEK IBC MAY 31-JUNE 1, 2014

Started by NorCal22Gal, June 04, 2014, 10:34:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorCal22Gal

NorCal IBC Hat Creek, CA  May 31- June , 2014

11 IIT's
1 Shoot Boss
2 Instructors

Weather in the lower to mid 80's.  Sunny and just enough breeze to keep us cool...well except for the occasional gusts that tried to take ez-ups away.

11 IIT's arrived Saturday morning ready to learn, and learn they did as eaglescouter, Neve and I put them through their paces.  Teaching a segment, then breaking in to groups to let the IIT's work on teaching it.  Then back to the group to learn another segment...rinse and repeat....

We stopped for lunch and enjoyed some time just getting to know each other as some of the IIT's had never met before.  After lunch it was back to the rinse and repeat with a short break for Brian to put the ribs on the bbq....

OH MY!!!  BABY BACK RIBS....pot luck style sides and desserts...and a great evening talking.  A few IIT's broke out the "toys" and took advantage of the longer daylight hours this time of the year provides and got in a bit of shooting before dinner and after dinner....Getting to try a rifle or hand gun you've never shot before is very fun.

Sunday was a repeat of Saturday.  We finished the day with the final exam and I passed out the Boot Camp rocker to 11 well deserving IIT's.  Everyone left tired but smiling...another successful Appleseed event.

Thank you to eaglescouter and Neve for assisting me with the teaching.  You were AWESOME!

Thank you to all the instructors who came up to learn.  You made this event a great success.

Laurie
NorCal22Gal

List of participants

Laurie     NorCal22Gal
Joe        eaglescouter
Mike       Neve
Linda      Ducky
Walter      Walter
Sheri      Homesteadgirl
Carrie      CarbineCarrie
Debbie      Stevie44
Boyd      levergun
Brian      brian h
Rob      ca2111usmc
Alan      Aardwolf
Matthew   scoutcamper
Bill      mrbillvw

scoutcamper

As always i had a blast!  :--- And learned quite a lot, and thought it was very worthwhile :)

A weekend at the range, what could be better  ;D Oh wait: Those RIBS! THEY WERE AWESOME!!!!! BrianH is one amazing cook!  :bow:

eaglescouter

Weekend + Appleseed + Camping + Instructor Development + free range time + BBQ ribs = AMAZING WEEKEND

[attach=116498][/attach]
Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleerâ„¢:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

homesteadgirl

Thanks for teaching us again!! It was a great weekend and I am still rolling IMC around in my head.  ???

CarbineCarrie

What an AMAZING weekend!! The more Appleseeds I attend, the more infatuated I become with the whole program. What a great learning experience. Thank you to everyone for all your help!! I look forward to July in Red Bluff! Thanks especially to NorCalGirl22Girl & eaglescouter for guiding me to this point!

NorCal22Gal

Great job to all of you.  Sheri you will get IMC....Carrie...it's Hat Creek in July...Red Bluff is in November....  ;)  Scoutcamper....keep up the good work...and yeah...ribs....yum....

ca2111usmc

Great weekend, great people, great instruction, great food, great time! Wow, I am really grateful to have been able to be a part of this event!

Lots of homework for me... um, us. IMC, etc.

I am constantly impressed by the character of all I have met through Appleseed.

CarbineCarrie

Yup, Hat Creek in July. Got it!! Thanks

NorCal22Gal

From mrbillvw

I must say it was an amazing weekend of training and friendship building. Thanks norcalgal22, Eaglescouter and Neve for your patient instruction. I learned not only a lot about the program, but also took in the demeanor to teach that was skillfully demonstrated by the senior IT's.

Great fun, super good food-thx Brian, and all around good time!
Mrbillvw 

Walter

Thank you guys so much for making this event possible. I feel like I filled in nearly all the gaps in my Appleseed skills in just two days, while having a ton of fun.

And thanks again to Brian for those RIBS!!!

Ducky

What an awesome weekend with Appleseed friends! I think we all left with more teaching skills than we arrived with  :cool2: . Thanks so much again to Laurie, Joe and Mike for all the hard work you put into this special event--you ran it like the pros you are, and your patience and understanding as we worked to grasp various concepts (especially IMC) are greatly appreciated. Brian, those ribs have now set the bar for me--a big thank you again to you, and also to everyone else who helped make our dinner so darned yummy!
Since Joe took more pics than I did this time (thanks, Joe!), I'll just post a few here. I look forward to seeing you all and working with you again soon!
Happy trails,
Ducky
Freedom, in a political context, means freedom from government coercion. It does not mean freedom from the landlord, or freedom from the employer, or freedom from the laws of nature which do not provide men with automatic prosperity. It means freedom from the coercive power of the state, and nothing else.--Ayn Rand

NorCal22Gal

Hey Ducky, the range sign looks a whoooole lot different in that picture than in the one you took in April!!!

Ducky

Hi Laurie, It sure does! Here are a few more pics--I'm having difficulty getting them to post as attachments...hence, the silly delay on my part  :-[.
Freedom, in a political context, means freedom from government coercion. It does not mean freedom from the landlord, or freedom from the employer, or freedom from the laws of nature which do not provide men with automatic prosperity. It means freedom from the coercive power of the state, and nothing else.--Ayn Rand

Ducky

and the last two...(see, this is why I have my tech guy Vinnie help me with these!  $$-0)

eaglescouter

Quote from: Ducky on June 05, 2014, 10:37:54 PM
and the last two...(see, this is why I have my tech guy Vinnie help me with these!  $$-0)

Upload two photos.
Edit the post and add two more photos.
Repeat until done or max irritation level is reached.
Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleerâ„¢:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

homesteadgirl