News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Air Force Reserve AS - East Bangor, PENNSYLVANIA June 28, 29

Started by kDan, June 04, 2014, 09:57:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kDan

I have scheduled an event at East Bangor (Stroudsburg) for June 28, and 29.  I know it's short notice at this point but I have been working an angle.  This event will be a special event for NY Air Force Reserve Cadets.  They will be traveling from Queens, NY in two passenger vans provided by their CO's.  These are all young students.

There are a lot of details that need to be worked out, but here is the main issue.  Being residents of Queens, none of these guys (gals?) have rifles.  We all know how much our servicemen can benefit from Appleseed, so I'm looking for loaners.  I can come out in a week or two and drive around collecting them.  I have a place to keep them locked up.  Mostly looking for 22's and of course... ammo.  They are aware that they will need to cover ammo costs.  Other firearms are welcome, so we can perhaps mess around a little, but a line of Ruger LTR's would be ideal.

Of course I have some stuff, but will need a lot more to make this happen the way it should.  I can be reached at rwva.nyc@gmail.com or 718 490 7665

If you want to work the event, awesome.  Contact me.

Please get the word out.  Thanks.

Dan
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

Barbie

kDan,

I can work this event.  It's a special one for me, as my younger brother is in the Air Force.

I can bring 2 Ruger 10/22's and a Remington 597.

I'll get back to you on how much ammo I can bring.

Let me know if you need anything else.

- Barbie   :---
Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

Indiana Appleseed:  Farm Bred, Brass Fed

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

kDan

Thanks Barbie.  PM incoming.

Everybody else,

Final updates tomorrow.  The lieutenant is in a meeting with his C.O. today. 

Looks like 20 shooters.  They will each be paying $30 toward ammo (.22).  I have a case.  I have been told of another case.  I will have centerfires to play with, but mostly it will be .22.

As of tomorrow, I will begins a master list of who's bringing what. 

This is looking pretty good.

-d-
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

Charles McKinley

I will post on the PA side too:

What about mats?

Slings?

Extra magazines?

What else are we forgetting that they will not have? (This is a question to the collective?)

Hope to see Uins there!

Stand
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

kDan

Unfortunately, this event needs to be postponed.

When the LT with whom I have been setting it up went to the latest meeting with his C.O., there was apparently another gentleman there known as an "Inspector".  The inspector made it clear that we were attempting to by-pass many months worth of approval for an event like this.

I was not a participant in any of the talks within the Reserve unit or the higher ups, so I don't quite understand what is going to happen going forward, but am in contact with the Air Force Lieutenant who says he will proceed with the paperwork necessary.  We hope to reschedule another similar event for the fall.

All apologies.

Dan
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout