News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

SACRAMENTO, CA MAY 17-18, 2014 AAR

Started by NorCal22Gal, May 20, 2014, 11:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorCal22Gal

AWESOME!!!

That's how I'd describe this weekend at Sacramento Valley Shooting Center.  Project Appleseed welcomed 20 folks who came out to learn and learn they did.....

Saturday started out with getting everyone checked in and the safety briefing.  Then the morning red coat.

Once we started teaching it became clear that this was a group of folks who were determined to learn and learn well.  Every little bit we taught they took back to the line and put in to practice.

A break for lunch and the telling of the Three Strikes.  Wonderful job by Ducky and Vinnie telling the 2nd and 3rd strikes for the first time.

Back at the line and more teaching.

We got one AQT in before the afternoon was over and Nick proved he knew well what he was about with a wonderful 235!!!

I was sure we'd have more the next day based on some of the groups and scores I saw....

WELL......

Sunday was just like Saturday in the way these folks soaked up the information.  They weren't just sipping from the fire hose they were sponges soaking it all up!!!

We got in an AQT before lunch and Caedmon decided to kick off the Rifleman Score Parade with a 219.

After lunch and the wonderful stories of the Dangerous Old Men and the Determined Dangerous Dames, it was back to the AQT...lots of excitement for the rest of the day.

Caedmon posted two more rifleman scores....229 and 212
Dan piped up with a 211 and a 212
Nick just couldn't leave well enough alone and added to his scores a 240, 243 and a 215
Then on the next to last AQT Matthew (aka scoutcamper) posted a 212!

Lisa and Alejandra keep up the good work, I was very proud of your progress this weekend.  Hope to see you at another event.

The rest of you, keep practicing and keep coming out to see us....you'll get there...oh yeah...bring friends..!

A big thank you to all who helped us clean up.  Many hands make light work and we had many hands indeed.

A very big THANK YOU!!! to my instructors, you were as usual wonderful!!

If you wish to Private Message (PM) any of your instructors, here is the list of all of us:
Laurie         NorCal22Gal   shoot boss
Joe         eaglescouter
Mike         Neve
Linda         Ducky
Melissa      Melissa
Vinnie         Vinnie
Matthew      scoutcamper
Jules         gr3fl1

Thank you again to all who got off their couches and stepped off the front porch.

Laurie

Neve

Huzzah!!! What a great group of shooters we had this weekend! It was a pleasure to meet and work with every last one of you. A big congrats to our 4 new Riflemen and I hope to see everyone soon. A big thanks to everyone who came out to the range especially my fellow instructurs for being the incredible staff you are! It's always great to work with all of you. A very special thanks to Laurie and Joe for making to trip all the way down from Redding to make this shoot possible. I really appreciate it :)

Mike

scoutcamper

It was indeed a great weekend! Glad to be there to see everyone advance and improve, it really is rewarding. Also glad to have finally picked up my rifleman patch.  ^:)^

Overall, great weekend, great group of shooters, what could be better?  :---

TempSharpshooter

What an enjoyable weekend.
Couldn't ask for better instructors.
Very smooth operation.

What amazed me was one of the shooters that made "Riflemen" was shooting a bolt action rifle.
I don't know if he qualified with it but he was doing an AQT later in the day on Sunday using it.

One of the most important things I did was to stay hydrated. If I wasn't holding my rifle or a magazine, I was
holding a bottle of water.

Thanks to all the instructors and their patience working with us that needed some direction.

eaglescouter

Quote from: TempSharpshooter on May 21, 2014, 11:02:00 AM
What an enjoyable weekend.
Couldn't ask for better instructors.
Very smooth operation.

What amazed me was one of the shooters that made "Riflemen" was shooting a bolt action rifle.
I don't know if he qualified with it but he was doing an AQT later in the day on Sunday using it.

One of the most important things I did was to stay hydrated. If I wasn't holding my rifle or a magazine, I was
holding a bottle of water.

Thanks to all the instructors and their patience working with us that needed some direction.

Scoring Rifleman with a bolt action rifle is not an unusual occurrence.  In my experience bolt action rifles tend to be more accurate than semi-auto rifles, and once you master your steady hold factors, natural point of aim and riflemans cadence the time limits cease to be a barrier.

Overall an outstanding weekend at Sac Valley.  Terrific weather and awesome participants who were focused and determined.  I see another big batch of Rifleman patches being earned by these folks in the near future.
Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleerâ„¢:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

lmac

What a great weekend! Thank you to all the instructors, you were great and so patient. I learned alot and now that I have my own equipment it's time to practice, practice till our next weekend!
And look forward to more history lessons.
Hope to see all of you in June or July.

NorCal22Gal

It was great to see all of you.

Imac, keep it up and we'll see you on the trail...the Appleseed trail that is...

scoutcamper, great job....

TempSharpshooter...does this mean you'll be changing your name soon???

Neve, as usual it's a pleasure working with you and the Sac crew. 

NorCal22Gal