News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Manheim, PA - 2014 May 17-18

Started by mal, May 19, 2014, 08:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mal

What a wonderful weekend for an Appleseed event!  Warm and sunny most all weekend, but we could have done without all that wind on Sunday...  It was a medium-sized shoot with an even dozen attendees, almost all new to Appleseed which is awesome.

Despite the semi-frequent flapping targets this weekend managed to turn out a couple new Riflemen.  An early indication was Ed cleaning the Sunday morning Redcoat.  Nice job, Ed!  He followed up that accomplishment by scoring a 215 on the QDAQT, becoming our first Rifleman this weekend.

Not too long later Patrick secured his Rifleman standing with a solid 225.  Congrats cadet!

We also had several attendees knockin' on the Rifleman doorstep; Brad, John K, Ken, PT.  A few more well placed shots would have done it.  Next time, I'm sure.  And very honorable mention to Barb, who despite this being her first time behind a trigger was outshooting most of the fellas there!  (Ain't that so often the way of it?!)

Ryan, once we got you off those awful stock Ruger sights you were scoring some nice hits!  Make sure to get your dad to put some tech-sights on your rifle   You'll be repeatedly punchin' black in no time!

Just a few pics to follow.
~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams

mal

Took a while to dig these out, but here they are.

1st doc is the Front Sight measuring sheet.  Post at 25y to determine width of front sight in MOA.

2nd doc is a QDAQT.  Print 9 to a 8.5x11 sheet of paper will get you right about where you need to be.  Cut one out & post one of these at about 10 feet and practice dry firing an AQT!

~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams

Eroyle

Quote from: mal on May 19, 2014, 08:57:12 PM
Took a while to dig these out, but here they are.

1st doc is the Front Sight measuring sheet.  Post at 25y to determine width of front sight in MOA.

2nd doc is a QDAQT.  Print 9 to a 8.5x11 sheet of paper will get you right about where you need to be.  Cut one out & post one of these at about 10 feet and practice dry firing an AQT!

Thanks Mal for posting the FS MOA tool.
But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever.  John Adams

mal

Ed, our over-achiever of the weekend (just playin'!) took home not only the PA 1st Rifles patch but also the Rifleman patch. 

Note the 'rifleman's dance' on the redcoat?  Ed saw he was shooting to the left & made the adjustments needed to hit the head shot.  Nicely done!
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

mal

Patrick scoring a 225 on the QDAQT.  Good job, young man.  Serve us proud. 
And if I may, remember and honor your oath.  It is more than just words.
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams