News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Cheshire, OR May 17, 2014 AAR

Started by Prescott, May 19, 2014, 04:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prescott

We all had a great day at the Stroda Tree Farm for this inaugural event in Cheshire, OR.  The day turned out perfect for teaching eager American in the tradition of rifle marksmanship and the heritage of our country.

I was really impressed with the group of shooters that participated in this event.   They readily absorbed the instructional techniques and the sizes of their shot groups shrank dramatically.  It was fun going to the target line and watching their shot group accuracy and precision increase after each set of instructions.

Shooters, remember to do some dry fire practice on the living room carpet.  Continue to reinforce the 6 steps to firing the shot and the steady hold factors.  I know I will be handing out some Rifleman patches at the next event if you continue to work on these skills.   

Greg, work on finding a good sitting position where you can support both elbows on the target side of your knees and that will help you get a few more points on stage 2.   All you need is 10 - 12 more points to get that patch!

I am looking forward to our next event at the Stroda Tree Farm and will work at scheduling another event for this summer.

I would like to thank Wes and Stroda family for helping put together this event!  It was fun shooting amongst the Christmas trees and I am looking forward to returning for another event.

Thanks to all who participated in the event.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

Kimber Custom

Lost track of my cell phone so I'm afraid I don't have very many pictures - but I do have great memories. I really enjoyed the one day shoot.

Prescott

Here are some pictures for the event.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln