News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

LeRoy, IL May 17th-18th

Started by RiflesnReins, May 19, 2014, 12:01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiflesnReins

It was a beautiful, if a bit chilly, weekend at the LeRoy Rifle and Pistol club. I had a wonderful time working with everyone. A more detailed AAR and pictures are coming soon. Please post your experiences here!  ~~:)
:cool2:
RnR
"Come on guys!  Keep your eyes on your magazines. Stop looking at RnR to tell you when to fire. I know you can hear her down there. Trust me I should know, I live in the same house!."  Mutti

"The truly blind are those who will not open their eyes to see"

"How can a man die better, than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his Fathers, and the temple of his Gods."
"Horatius At The Bridge"
Thomas Lord Macaulay

I am not sleeping... I'm just practicing the prone position.

"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen."
― Winston Churchill

"The trouble is not in dying for a friend, but in finding a friend worth dying for."
― Mark Twain

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
George S. Patton

Purple Lotus

I want to thank all the instructors for a great experience and for encouraging me to shoot on the second day. Even as an observer I learned a lot. Its amazing how much education you get in when all the kids think is they are doing is learning to do is shoot a rifle. Americanism is so important now.
Thank you again for a great weekend. P.S. Boy did I find muscle I didn't know I had the next day. ^:)^
catrin1967
It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. John Adams

Mutti

An enjoyable event at an amazing Range with Illinois Instructors well represented reaching out to 9 wonderful Attendees (7 youth total) - now this is why we 'seed!

Some photos that cannot quite capture the Memories, but yours might so "Post 'em if you got 'em" !

Morning check in - Cold and dreary weather could not dampen their efficiency:

300 Rounds of Ammunition provided by The Northern Illinois State Coordinator per Youth. From a generous program dedicated to reaching out to Youth in America's Communities: Y.S.S.A. and Remington are dedicated to YOUR suceess -

Thanks to the Youth for stepping up and accepting the Challenge of learning History, Heritage and Marksmanship this weekend.

Morning Welcome and History:

Mr. M and "Right Side Grandpa" Mr. R - Morning Red Coats:

Returning for her 2nd Appleseed - Mrs. A dealt with issues : Sights, Mags, "3 blend ammo", etc. First to arrive and last to leave - cannot wait to hear about your next experience!

Very Camera shy, but willing to pose. Please note the squares : in his hand before 6 steps - on the backer after 6 steps   ;D

Young Mr. P and OutaAmmo - truly a pleasure to work with this set of Brothers who were new to the Art of Marksmanship, but knew quite a bit about History. Thank you!

Very encouraged that every Attendee had the opportunity to participate in the KD Portion on Sunday Afternoon. With 3 different Steel Targets ringing at 100yds - all successfully proved that works at 25y will translate to greater distances when Attendees continue such excellent work!

Thank you all for a reminder why we do what we do and.....

QuoteProject Appleseed will be in 4 Locations this June. One most likely close to your location from Instructor Steck 's venues (2) in Northern Illinois to Instructor Mutti's venues just East of St. Louis, MO for the annual Cablea's Sponsored event at the World Shooting and Recreational Complex.

Guns Save Lives is again Sponsoring Darnall's Gun Works & Ranges Project Appleseed - Illinois in Central Illinois.

For registration information contact IL@appleseedinfo.org or complete details can be found here:

http://appleseedinfo.org/search-states-display.php?qstate=IL&statename=Illinois

More Photos as time allows here.
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

Steck

Truly an epic weekend!  Beautiful weather and terrific shooting.

Great having all the young shooters out, we were happy to sponsor the ammo.   Patient, persistent group!
Always fun seeing familiar faces at LeRoy!

How many of you will be at another IL shoot in June?  (Hint, hint...)

RiflesnReins

Nine brave Americans arrived early on Saturday morning to encounter what was hopefully a life changing experience. I however, was completely taken by surprise at such a devoted and focused group. I was most impressed by the attentiveness towards the History we presented. So little complaining, an amazing ability to absorb information. Never once have I had a group that made presenting IMC so much fun before this weekend! To put it simply I enjoyed every second with you all.

GooseGun and Ratboy, I would like to thank you so much for all of your hard work. You two keep a cool head and I am stunned by how organized everything is.  :bow: :bow:

Mr. Smith and the LeRoy Rifle and Pistol Club. You have a wonderful and welcoming Range. I am looking forward to our next event there.

Attendees: For those of you who enjoyed your weekend at the LRPC please post here. Also, if you or a friend would like to attend another Appleseed please look at the Dates below.

Bloomington: June 14th-15th
http://www.eventbrite.com/e/bloomington-il-appleseed-june-14-15-2014-tickets-9658606151

Bonfield: July 19th-20th
http://www.eventbrite.com/e/bonfield-il-appleseed-july-19-20-2014-tickets-9623525223

Effingham: August 30th -31st
http://www.eventbrite.com/e/effingham-il-appleseed-august-30-31-2014-tickets-9778117613

And LeRoy! September 20th-21st
http://www.eventbrite.com/e/le-roy-il-appleseed-september-20-21-2014-tickets-10196589273

We would enjoy seeing you all again. Hope everyone had an awesome time,
:cool2:
RnR/T.E

"Come on guys!  Keep your eyes on your magazines. Stop looking at RnR to tell you when to fire. I know you can hear her down there. Trust me I should know, I live in the same house!."  Mutti

"The truly blind are those who will not open their eyes to see"

"How can a man die better, than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his Fathers, and the temple of his Gods."
"Horatius At The Bridge"
Thomas Lord Macaulay

I am not sleeping... I'm just practicing the prone position.

"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen."
― Winston Churchill

"The trouble is not in dying for a friend, but in finding a friend worth dying for."
― Mark Twain

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
George S. Patton

GooseGun

This being my first  shoot at the LeRoy Rifle and Pistol Club I was surprised and happy to see Mr. Smith so enthused about having Appleseed at LRPC.
All the instructors worked very well with each other this weekend.I would like to thank Mr. Smith for letting us shoot KD,I think the Attendees liked shooting the long distance.

See you on the trail

GooseGun over & out :) :)
I am convinced that they are mad men, devoid of reason. There is no logic in this place -Me

"A computer is useless if it can't be thrown out the window."

GarandDaddy

Once again I want to thank everyone for a great weekend. This was the second Appleseed for my Grandson and myself, but it will not be the last. The patience, persistence, and humor of the instructors made for an amazing learning experience. A finer more encouraging group would be hard to find.  Also a big thank you to the LeRoy Rifle and Pistol Club and Mr. Smith.  We look forward to our next Appleseed and hope to see you all again.

The Nailer

I had no idea Garanddaddy was so photogenic, I think we might have a replacement for the Riflegirl poster.  Leroy is a great range and I would like to thank Mr. Smith and LRPC for being supporters of Appleseed.  It is always nice to see so many young people come out to spend the weekend with us and a big thanks for those who made it possible for those youth to attend.