News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Port Sulphur, Louisiana PPSO range May 17 & 18, 2014

Started by geeck, May 18, 2014, 11:05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geeck

We had a great bunch of folks out for the weekend.  The group show showed great improvement over the course of the weekend. There was a few who have the skills and are just so close to putting it all together. They definitely have the right attitude to make Rifleman... They were already talking about the "next time".  I have no doubt they will get there soon.

It's always fun to see family, friends, and spouse dynamics at work & play, we ran the gamut with this group.  I thank them for sharing their weekend with us.

LawDog

Geeck is very modest in not mentioning that this was his third and final Shoot-Boss-in-Training session.  This crowd enjoyed seeing him swap his Red Hat for a Green one.  Congratulations, geeck! 

geeck

I think Dan was more excited than me about the Green Hat.... well not more than me, but pretty close.  It will be nice for him to have some options now, Dan has worked hard at keeping us moving forward.

LawDog

This came in from one of the shooters:

Dear Appleseed,

I just attended an Appleseed event, held at the Plaquemines Parish Sherriff's Range.  It was a 2 day event, and 3 of us came down from New Orleans to attend.  It was a great time!

The first day was punctuated with shade and historical lessons of the Founding Fathers of America.  The rifleman instruction was professional and fun, with a strict adherence to safety protocols.  Dan Plunkett, the state coordinator, did a wonderful job organizing this event.  Tony G. had an impressive knowledge of history and firearms, and made the event interesting and educational.

I did not earn my Rifleman patch.... But I will be BACK!

I will certainly recommend Appleseed to my friends and family, colleagues and to anyone I feel that it may benefit.

The seed has been planted!

-Matthew