News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bald Knob, AR - May 10-11, 2014

Started by dond, May 13, 2014, 06:54:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dond

What a beautiful and extensive range, right in the heart of rice growing country. And the range owner, Patrick McCarty, was of immense help to us, as was his brother Mike. Patrick served as an experienced OH, helping the shooters and serving as LB and RSO.

Nine shooters arrived for the event. Well actually 8 shooters and a spectator arrived, but the spectator was cajoled unmercifully until she finally consented to shoot. I think the beginning history had something to do with it. But she was glad she joined us.

Ramblinwreck enthralled everyone with his history and instruction. And the shooters responded with enthusiasm. A couple of them were second time ASers but the rest were brand new and were impressed and pleased with the learning they achieved. And we were impressed by them. They were a great bunch of shooters who were very receptive to instruction. And their scores were and indication of this: a high of 204 by a most enthusiastic lady, and others in the high 190s and 180s.

Everyone was sad that Ramblinwreck had to leave Sunday afternoon because of a family emergency but they persisted in their quest for improvement.

It is also sad to think that this event was on the verge of cancellation because of a lack of available instructors. That would have been a tragedy.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

connibear

don, a very hearty thankyou to you and rambling wreck for doing this event. Glad all went well and you had a great shoot. Thanks again.
......"Where the spirit of the Lord is there is Liberty."    I Cor. 3:17b

A Nation that does not serve the Lord Jesus Christ cannot and does not have Liberty.

Mother Cobbler

DonD,
Thank you so very much for coming to Arkansas and taking care of us!!
Mother Cobbler

Ramblin' Wreck

I enjoyed meeting with this great group of Patriots and working with Patrick and DonD. I look forward to getting back to the area soon, maybe for an IBC.

I expect you'll see many of the shooters from last weekend on the line again soon.

Wreck.

Quote from: dond on May 13, 2014, 06:54:21 PM
What a beautiful and extensive range, right in the heart of rice growing country. And the range owner, Patrick McCarty, was of immense help to us, as was his brother Mike. Patrick served as an experienced OH, helping the shooters and serving as LB and RSO.

Nine shooters arrived for the event. Well actually 8 shooters and a spectator arrived, but the spectator was cajoled unmercifully until she finally consented to shoot. I think the beginning history had something to do with it. But she was glad she joined us.

Ramblinwreck enthralled everyone with his history and instruction. And the shooters responded with enthusiasm. A couple of them were second time ASers but the rest were brand new and were impressed and pleased with the learning they achieved. And we were impressed by them. They were a great bunch of shooters who were very receptive to instruction. And their scores were and indication of this: a high of 204 by a most enthusiastic lady, and others in the high 190s and 180s.

Everyone was sad that Ramblinwreck had to leave Sunday afternoon because of a family emergency but they persisted in their quest for improvement.

It is also sad to think that this event was on the verge of cancellation because of a lack of available instructors. That would have been a tragedy.
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

Quinncannon

Thanks Ramblin' Wreck and dond for running this shoot. This was the ninth Appleseed held at Vets. First one that I had to miss, but family comes first.

I would like to attend an IBC at VETS if possible!
"This we"ll defend"

Rifleman patch, first Appleseed, N. Little Rock, April 2010.
KD qualified, Talledega, July 2016
KD qualified, Manchester, Sept 2016
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, June 2018
Infernoseed, Bald Knob, June 2018
250 Perfect score, Bald Knob, 17 June, 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2019
Distinguished, Hot Springs, April 2019
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2020
Distinguished, Bald Knob,  Aug 2020
Distinguished, Bolt Action, Bald Knob, Jan 2021
Distinguished, Menifee, Arkansas Aug 2021
Distinguished KD, 50/50, 50/50, Hot Springs, AR Oct 2021
Distinguished, Bolt Action and Semi, Bald Knob, Jan 2022

Ramblin' Wreck

I just sent a PM to connibear and offered to come do an IBC in a few months if you can get some folks committed to attending. Y'all talk it over and let me know.

Wreck

Quote from: Quinncannon on May 14, 2014, 02:50:55 PM
Thanks Ramblin' Wreck and dond for running this shoot. This was the ninth Appleseed held at Vets. First one that I had to miss, but family comes first.

I would like to attend an IBC at VETS if possible!
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

colonial shooter

There is an IBC scheduled for November, but may have to do one sooner.

Quote from: Ramblin' Wreck on May 14, 2014, 05:00:37 PM
I just sent a PM to connibear and offered to come do an IBC in a few months if you can get some folks committed to attending. Y'all talk it over and let me know.

Wreck

[/quote]
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Ramblin' Wreck

Outstanding! Hope you have a good event.

Wreck

Quote from: colonial shooter on May 14, 2014, 08:42:59 PM
There is an IBC scheduled for November, but may have to do one sooner.

Quote from: Ramblin' Wreck on May 14, 2014, 05:00:37 PM

Wreck

Quinncannon

How about an IBC in Arkansas? Specifically at the VETS Shooting Center in Bald Knob?!
"This we"ll defend"

Rifleman patch, first Appleseed, N. Little Rock, April 2010.
KD qualified, Talledega, July 2016
KD qualified, Manchester, Sept 2016
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, June 2018
Infernoseed, Bald Knob, June 2018
250 Perfect score, Bald Knob, 17 June, 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2019
Distinguished, Hot Springs, April 2019
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2020
Distinguished, Bald Knob,  Aug 2020
Distinguished, Bolt Action, Bald Knob, Jan 2021
Distinguished, Menifee, Arkansas Aug 2021
Distinguished KD, 50/50, 50/50, Hot Springs, AR Oct 2021
Distinguished, Bolt Action and Semi, Bald Knob, Jan 2022

connibear

The only problem doing it at V.E.T.S is that there is no building for a classroom, unless you are thinking of having an outdoor I.B.C. Arkansas instructors would be and are more than welcome to attend in MO if they would like.
......"Where the spirit of the Lord is there is Liberty."    I Cor. 3:17b

A Nation that does not serve the Lord Jesus Christ cannot and does not have Liberty.

Ramblin' Wreck

it's not strictly necessary to be able to shoot at the IBC although it is desirable. We did a mock Appleseed at the IBC we did in February in Pelham, TN and never fired a shot. Any place with a large enough meeting room, preferably air conditioned if you're talking summer in Arkansas, will do.

Wreck