News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Holden, MO May 10-11, 2014

Started by 209Ken, May 12, 2014, 11:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

209Ken

7 shooters got off the couch this weekend to learn some marksmanship and heritage. The weather was great - maybe just a little windy. By the time the weekend was over, we had 3 new riflemen and one re-qualify!
More details and pictures to follow...
Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe. - Abraham Lincoln

209Ken

Here are some photos from the weekend.

Group picture. We knew from the Redcoat target on Saturday morning that we had some good shooters with us.

Connibear helping Nick with some sling issues.

Cole was our youngest (and possibly most energetic) shooter of the weekend. He had so much fun, I'm sure he will be seventh stepping at school on Monday!

Shooting prone.

Ball and dummy drill.

Ah, the pink rifle...

Connibear and I showing how not to tightly grip with your support hand. Seriously!

Rifleman Bob, he hit all 5's on stage 4. Scored a 228, outstanding!

Rifleman Graham. This man knows what he is about. Scored a 216, with a bolt action rifle no less!

Riflewoman Paige. Hey, why is Connibear behind you?

Because you scored a 210!

It might be some water splashed in my eye, or it might be a tear. I'm so proud of my daughter!

Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe. - Abraham Lincoln

connibear

We had a great time out at Pioneer Gun Club, thankyou to you guys. Saturday morning came along and seven patriots showed up although it was mothers days, a big pistol shoot going on which I believe consisted of around 100 shooters, and Nascar weekend.

There were several who were shooting good and we were able to help shrink the groups which produced two rifle men and a riflewoman. Congrats to Bob with a 228, Graham with a 216 and Paige with "chilling"  ;D 210.

Thankfully the rain held off but we had to deal with strong winds and targets kept blowing loose so we started using masking and duct tape to help hold targets.

A special thanks to Ken, for coming to help with this shoot and being able to SB this event.

It was a great shoot hope we can get back to Pioneer soon.
......"Where the spirit of the Lord is there is Liberty."    I Cor. 3:17b

A Nation that does not serve the Lord Jesus Christ cannot and does not have Liberty.

209Ken

I want to thank two special people that were a big part of this weekend, and had a hand in making this a successful shoot.
They didn't make it in any of the pictures. 
They didn't shoot a rifleman score, or even shoot for that matter.
They spent the entire weekend at the event, working behind the scenes.
They are mothers who traveled hundreds of miles and slept on the ground over Mother's Day weekend. 
They are Connibear's wife Abigail and my wife Judy.

Thank you both for your support, it is much appreciated!

Mutti

Looks like a wonderful time. Congrats to the new Rifleman.

What a great team Appleseeding - hope that I can work with you all again soon.
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

thursday

if you do one good deed your reward usually is to be set to to do another and harder and better one.-C.S.Lewis

It takes a lifetime to build a good reputation, and fifteen minutes to build a bad one.-My Dad