News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Dubuque, Iowa 10-11 May, 2014

Started by IXOYE, May 11, 2014, 11:31:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IXOYE

We had a great time in Dubuque this weekend. Saturday we had fourteen shooters on the line ranging from 8 to 72 years old. With Sunday being Mother's Day our turnout was slightly less. However, the persistence of those who came was rewarded with two shooters earning their rifleman patches and another knocking at the door. Congratulations Michelle and Michael! Thank you Alex and Buzz for coming down from Minnesota to run the event and help with instruction. Thank you Mike for coming halfway across the state to help instruct also. Everyone had a good time and I know many are looking forward to the June clinic in Sherrill, the August event in Clinton, and the September event in Potosi, Wisconsin.

I'll post pictures in a followup note!
The only thing necessary for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing! (Edmund Burke)

IXOYE

Here are some pictures from our clinic.

Alex giving instructions

Alex giving instructions

Mike talking history

Working on prone skills

Carding sights

More carding sights

Eagle eye Buzz

Carding the AK47

C-Shape trigger finger

More carding sights

The AK47 Peace Maker

Working on off-hand position

Mike watching left side of the line

Buzz teaching the third strike

Listening to the third strike

Shooting the final Redcoat

A proud rifleman
The only thing necessary for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing! (Edmund Burke)

AFTERMATH

Still not fully recovered from the trip, but I figured I'd better try my best attempt to check in here - 'Cause I'm packing for the next one tonight!

It's always nice to show up to the range at 7:30, and find that everything is ready to go!  Rex did a great job at getting things all set up, running check-in and directing personnel.  His first SBit event, and he pretty much ran the show making it a cake-walk to me - That's a good sign.

This event went very smoothly, and we couldn't have found a better weekend - weather wise.  We had just enough rain to call it an Appleseed.  Little lightning and we fall back to the covered area for some KD.  Really was perfect timing, as that was about the time to do it anyway.

All of the shooters were a pleasure to work with.  Thank you for coming!  And remember the fight for Liberty is a personal one.

Twineagles and IXOYE are top notch!  With a couple new riflemen and a couple potential IIT's - Iowa is gonna see some big things happening soon!

Thanks to Buzz for coming down to make sure that everyone knows MN has a stronghold in IA! >:D

Appleseed - Teaching history and making history, one weekend at a time.

See you on the trail!

Alex
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

IXOYE

Here are a few more pictures in portrait orientation.

Buzz checking the line

Listening to 3rd strike

His 1st qualifier

Proud Rifleman

Upcoming Marine

The only AQT she shot
that day before having
to leave!

einsteinsdog

We had a wonderful time at our first Appleseed event.  I am looking forward to more in the future. Thank you to all the instructors who took time out to teach us some REAL history, and some badly needed skills!!
Michael and Rasion
P.S. I am not sure how to register as a IIT, any help would be appreciated!

AFTERMATH

Quote from: einsteinsdog on May 16, 2014, 09:14:01 PM
We had a wonderful time at our first Appleseed event.  I am looking forward to more in the future. Thank you to all the instructors who took time out to teach us some REAL history, and some badly needed skills!!
Michael and Rasion
P.S. I am not sure how to register as a IIT, any help would be appreciated!

We'll have an Orange Hat waiting for you at your next shoot!   O0

Welcome to the forum!
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]