News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

My alumni magazine actually printed this!

Started by American Amazon, May 04, 2014, 01:03:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

American Amazon

I periodically get an Email from the College of Natural Science at Michigan State University (my alma mater), asking if I have any alumni accomplishments to share.  Usually, the ones they print are from those who have received prestigious awards, taken new and exciting jobs or professorships.  But I thought, why not see if they'll print this? - and they did!!!

"(My real name), BS Chemistry 1979, has earned the rank of Instructor with Project Appleseed™®. To earn this rank, she had to learn to shoot a rifle and score the equivalent of Expert on the Army Qualifying Test, spend 100 hours in training, be able to pass on to others the marksmanship skills that she acquired, and learn to tell a set of stories about the first day of the American Revolutionary War before taking the last of five written and five practical exams."

I'm amazed and thrilled!

-American Amazon
"We are no ways dispirited here, we possess a spirit that will not be conquered. If our men are all drawn off and we should be attacked, you would find a race of Amazons in America." -Abigail Adams (letter to husband John dated 9/20/1776)

Charles McKinley

Great Job! 

This is definitely reaching out beyond the avg. shooters demographic.  I hope you get positive results from it.

Stand
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Turtle

so aside from putting holes in paper there are paper tests too.

I did not know that and very interesting. 

Fred

Nice example of creative 7th-stepping.

O0

Bet others can do this one, too!
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Fred

Quote from: American Amazon on May 04, 2014, 12:04:50 PM

Did I do a good job of describing it all, Fred?  ;)

-American Amazon

Yes, ma'am!

;D
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

FFJim

Very creative and creative is a good thing.  O0

Jim P.
FF Jim
Dundalk, MD