News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

2014 MGO Second Amendment Rally AAR

Started by Caliper, April 30, 2014, 05:25:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliper

MGO held their annual Second Amendment rally in Lansing yesterday (4/29).  Why is it always held on a week day? !@#) Because that's when our legislators are there! :slap:

Despite grim weather predictions, there was a solid crowd of about 400 in front of the capitol building to listen to speakers and communicate with their legislators.  Fortunately, the weather guess proved as accurate as always and by lunch time it was warm and sunny!  The longjohns I had worn anticipating cold and rain were definitely too much. 

There was the usual tent with various advocacy organizations as well as t-shirts (but no patches or challenge coins...) but of course the most important part was the two Government buildings close by where our Michigan Senators and Representatives have their offices.  The perfect chance to meet your legislators face-to-face, if they're not on the job in legislative session.  Hope to see everyone out again next year and remember to bring a friend! 

Superheat

Sorry I missed it.  Too many days off already. 

mac66

Dang it I forgot.  :-[ Brain in neutral.  Still decompressing from the NRACON.
Status quo, you know, is Latin for 'the mess we're in'.
Ronald Reagan

Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. Will Rogers

The King has degenerated into a tyrant and forfeits all rights to his subjects' obedience."  Patrick Henry, 1765

Motivation?...The best solution to morale problems is to kill all the unhappy people  Ghenghis Khan