News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hat Creek April 26-27 AAR

Started by NorCal22Gal, April 30, 2014, 12:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorCal22Gal

Well, I don't know what to say about Hat Creek's Appleseed except WOW!!!

The weather was not the greatest.  We didn't get rained on but it was windy and cold.  This didn't deter the 14 Americans who came out on Saturday from learning all we had to teach them.

Our group included 4 Sea Cadets and their leader as well as some returning Appleseeders.  After getting everyone checked in and the safety briefing finished, we began our day with the Red Coats.

The fire hose came on full force and these students soaked up the knowledge.

We stopped for lunch and the strikes, accompanied by the match that was going on near us.  It made telling the stories challenging, but what instructor doesn't like a bit of a challenge....?

After the strikes and clean up from lunch we went back to the fire hose.  We even got in a couple AQT's.  While no riflemen were made that day, a group of satisfied, but tired shooters left for the day. 

Sunday was overcast and windy...the wind was having difficulty making up its mind which direction it wanted to come from.....one minute it was from the north then a few minutes later from the south... the Sea Cadets were unable to return for the second day but have said they will be back.  9 shooters returned and a returning shooter from a few weeks ago came out to join us. 

Safety review done and the review of the previous day's lessons was under way.  Groups were wonderful coming in to the first of the AQT's but the time monkey got a few folks and a few mechanical problems were popping up to cause shooters some frustration.  But, Bill and Alfonso showed that they knew well what they were about.  Bill posted a 214 and Alfonso a 221. Congrats Gentlemen!!! ^:)^

William and Matthew were on the edge with 201 and 208....close guys...really close... Everyone's scores improved and the weather didn't seem to bother anyone.

Welcome Bill as a new IIT (mrbillvw)  and joining him from our Sacramento shoot the weekend before is Jules.  Welcome aboard gentlemen!! ^:)^

Overall a wonderful weekend...oh...almost forgot...still had some eggs left from the Sacramento shoot the previous weekend so we shot those too.... lots and lots of fun!!! :--- :~

Congratulations to the new Riflemen and welcome new Inststructors. 

Thank you to all who came out and participated.

BIG THANKS TO ALL MY INSTRUCTORS! :bow:

See ya all next time!

Your instructors:

Laurie      NorCal22Gal (shoot Boss)
Joe              eaglescouter
Linda      Ducky
Vinnie      Vinnie
Darryl      3Huzzahs
Debbie      Stevie44
Boyd      levergun
Jules      gr8fl1
Matthew   scoutcamper

NorCal22Gal

AWESOME PICTURES VINNIE!!!!  Thank you and Ducky very much for coming up!   ^:)^

scoutcamper

Thanks everyone for the fun, i enjoyed my first shoot as an IIT alot :) Great Job everyone!  ^:)^

levergun

Thanks for the great pictures Vinnie

Boyd
Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle  --  Psalm 144:1

mrbillvw

Thank to all the "Hat's" at Hat Creek. I'm new to the forum and Appleseed, enjoying all of it! See you at the end of the month IBC.
mrbillvw