News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

SB needed for Orlando and St. Augustine May 17-18

Started by 9mm4545, April 24, 2014, 09:42:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

9mm4545

We are blessed with two shoots on the same weekend with one sold out and other with a dozen students signed up so far. Unfortunately, we do not have a shoot boss for either as yet. I am willing to take one or the other but I cannot do both. Anyone going to step forward and be a hero? Lady Liberty will sing your praises and you will be a legend in your own time.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

smoakingun

I haven't signed up for a shoot yet, which one needs instructors?
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

Thomas Jefferson

9mm4545

Orlando only has a SB and one Orange Hat. St. Aug. is in better shape.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

Tomblin

I can do Orlando, I just don't have a way to get there at the moment.

I live in Debary (32713) about 50 miles from the range.

Chief_0024

9mm4545, I am looking for the after action report from St Aug 17-18. I had a great time and would like to thank every one! I also want to know the website to get the tools and parts to make my new 10/22 ready for my next Appleseed

Prof. C.J.

Chief:

On the forum home page, click on the After Action Reports, and then go to the second page of that board.  (Last I checked, it was on pg. 2, anyway.)  There've been a lot of shoots around the country over the past weekend or two, so it got buried under those.

The most important mods for a 10/22 are better sights (Tech Sights are our usual recommendation if you want iron sights that are very similar to military sights such as on an AR, or mount a fairly low-powered scope if you prefer) and attaching a proper web sling to it.  Stock modification or replacement is also helpful if the factory stock doesn't fit you and/or doesn't give you sight alignment when you're in position (turkey-necked & cheek-welded.)

Other things (such as a trigger upgrade) are nice, but not essential.  The Rifle Knowledge Bank board has tons more on the topic of 10/22s.

It was our pleasure working with you.  Hope to see you at a future Appleseed!

-Prof CJ
"I believe that it is better to tell the truth than to lie. I believe
that it is better to be free than to be a slave. And I believe that
it is better to know than to be ignorant." – H.L. Mencken

airplanejoe

Again my 2-cents: The rifle knowledge bank is pretty much worthless. There is indeed some good information there, But, as we speak, there are 10188 posts. No indexing or logical grouping of those posts. Like looking for a very small needle in a very large hay stack.
aj

9mm4545

For rifle specific information, especially on the Ruger 10/22, rimfirecentral.com is a pretty good source.