News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Rifleman's Weekend May 3-4th River Bend Gun Club

Started by Agrivere, April 23, 2014, 04:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agrivere

Some of you may already know about this (some of you may be planning to go already), but I wanted to let everyone know that Rifleman's Weekend is coming up at River Bend Gun Club in Dawsonville.  The event is May 3rd and May 4th, and should be a great time to shoot those M1 Garands, 1903A3's, or whatever vintage military rifles you've got.

The course of fire is nearly identical to Appleseed as it follows CMP rules, though instead of "D" targets you'll shoot bullseye targets, and all shooting is at 200 yards.  You can find more information at http://rbgc.org/GarandMatch/mainPage.htm.  I'll be there, and I hope to see more familiar faces!

Safe shooting,

Agrivere
"The great body of our citizens shoot less as times goes on. We should encourage rifle practice among schoolboys, and indeed among all classes, as well as in the military services by every means in our power. Thus, and not otherwise, may we be able to assist in preserving peace in the world... The first step � in the direction of preparation to avert war if possible, and to be fit for war if it should come � is to teach men to shoot." -Theodore Roosevelt