News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Alan takes a blue hat!

Started by yellowhousejake, April 21, 2014, 11:42:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowhousejake

Alan (42769vette) accepted a role in Applecorps this weekend, taking a blue hat and getting right to work. I expect we will see even more of him in the coming months.

Everyone give him big welcome!

DAve
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

TJ Kackowski

HUZZAH!  WELCOME!

gotta start reading before writing ...

DaveD

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson

brianheeter

Good to have you onboard, Alan!
(refuse to) Kiss the Ring!

Rayne

~
QuoteDo not forget those who fought for your Liberties and Freedoms and take care to guard them against all tyranny.

Pitmaster

Pitmaster

Captain Noah Cook a Revolutionary War Veteran was my great, great, great,...great grandfather. Noah Cook enlisted in the militia on April 21, 1775 at age 18 upon learning of the Battles of Lexington and Concord that morning. His company left on that day for Concord arriving April 24, 1775.*

*History of Northampton, Massachusetts: from its settlement ..., Volume 2, Part 2, Chapter 25, Page 359

"The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home." Antonin Scalia

�The test of a democracy is not whether the people vote, but whether the people rule.� G.K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Member

grunt soldier

custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

http://s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/gruntsoldier2/

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.

AuntieBellum

Woot! Thanks for helping us awaken Americans!
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

fisherdawg

Alan,
Welcome aboard.
fisherdawg
O0 ^:)^ ..:..
If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary. (James Madison)

"Young man, what we meant in going for those Redcoats was this: we always had governed ourselves and we always meant to. They didn't mean we should."
(Captain Levi Preston, of the Danvers militia, at age 91, remembering the day)

That it is an indispensable duty which we owe to God, our country, ourselves and posterity, by all lawful ways and means in our power to maintain, defend and preserve those civil and religious rights and liberties, for which many of our fathers fought, bled and died, and to hand them down entire to future generations.  Suffolk Resolves, September 9, 1774, attributed to Dr. Joseph Warren

redbaron

Lonestar6

Well met , sir. Very nice digs you provide and then you work besides and then dinner to boot. Patriot must be your middle name!
LS6
President Reagan is quoted as saying 'There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don't care who gets the credit.' This is a valid observation, and a powerful tool.

spitfire51

Woohoo!  He was already doing a lot of AC duties, glad to see he made it official.
"A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends on the character of the user" -Theodore Roosevelt

ATM

Thanks for stepping up, 'vette. Your dedication, promotion and participation are greatly appreciated!  O0
Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

hawkhavn

Alan,

Welcome to the Hoosier Corps, many hands make for light work and you seem to have pretty broad shoulders!

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Mudcat

Welcome aboard, thanks for stepping up.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

AAOptics

Quote from: Lonestar6 on April 22, 2014, 12:10:34 AM
Patriot must be your middle name!

Lived my entire life in a town named LIBERTY, and went to school at Union County (home of the Patriots)  :))

Thanks for all the congratulations.  Hopefully some exciting stuff will be anounced in the near future that have been in the works for better than a year  >:D

Here are a couple of my favorite pic's from the weekend's shoot.

http://pixelhammer.com/appleseed/Richmond04192014/P1010471D.jpg

http://pixelhammer.com/appleseed/Richmond04192014/P1010400D.jpg

I litterally rushed to the hospital with the kid in this picture was born, so that made the weekend special in its own way.

JSW

Welcome Sir!  Great to add friends like you to this effort!  Huzzah :~. Victory

indyjohn

Alan was sporting that blue hat today at the NRA Annual Meeting in Indianapolis. I'd say he's proud to have it and I for one am glad to see it on him.

O0

AAOptics

Quote from: indyjohn on April 27, 2014, 10:50:55 PM
Alan was sporting that blue hat today at the NRA Annual Meeting in Indianapolis. I'd say he's proud to have it and I for one am glad to see it on him.

O0

Getting folks to ask em about the hat was about the only way I could do my part.  I had to work on advertising me at that show.

GoldFish

Thanks so much for all you're doing, Alan!  It was great meeting you this past weekend; I hope to see you out on the Trail sometime... :---
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

Barbie

Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

Indiana Appleseed:  Farm Bred, Brass Fed

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Trisha

Congrats Alan!! Saw you in your blue hat at the NRACon, looked good! Thank you for being a big supporter of Appleseed, can't wait to see you in Wi!