News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Columbia Falls, MT April 19th, 2014

Started by lumberjack55, April 20, 2014, 05:04:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lumberjack55

We had a great, sunny, beautiful day, with 11 shooters (3 walk-ons!) showing up to take part and celebrate the events 239 years ago.  2 shooters even made the long drive from Glendive to join us; HUZZAH! 

Thanks to a seasoned instructor corp running like a well oiled Swiss time machine, and also the high skill level of the shooters present and their familiarity with their equipment (and a prompt 0830 start), we got managed to cover the fundamental skills of the Rifleman, have a captivating telling of the three strikes, and still get in 4 AQT's.  All that would be great success for a Saturday only event, but we were even more excited to see a dedicated friend of Appleseed persist and shoot not one, not two, but three Rifleman scores, earn his patch, and take an Orange Hat.  Congratulations to Todd Clark for his well earned accomplishment, glad to have you among us. 

Thanks also to the instructors who made the drive up from Missoula, without whom this shoot wouldn't have happened: Kaiser and Peter.

And a thanks again to all the shooters, new and returning for getting off the couch, working hard, and embracing our shared heritage.

If you have photos of the weekend, please feel free to post 'em.

eert

Way to Go Montana Shooters and Instructors!

Congratulations to Todd, and I hope to see you on the line either at CF or on this side of the border. 

Congrats to all the other shooters who undoubtedly improved throughout the day with the help of one of the best group of Instructors around. 

Greetings to all my Montana friends and fellow instructors, keep up the great work.  LumberJack 55, our best to you and "family"!

Shoot straight and live free.

EERT

peterlandsiedel

Another excellent shoot in C-Falls! I always have such a good time working with Jared, Ivy, Steve, and Kaiser, and this shoot was no exception. This was a special shoot for all of us because it was the 239th anniversary of the beginning of the revolutionary war. This was one of the smoothest shoots I've instructed at, Jared had us running like a well oiled machine and the shooters were engaged and did an excellent job keeping up and applying the skills taught.

It was a pleasure meeting all of the new shooters, and working with our return shooters. I want to personally congratulate Todd for not only shooting a Rifleman score after much persistence, but also for stepping up and taking an orange hat! I look forward to working next to you at future shoots.

Pics incoming!

peterlandsiedel

As promised, a few pics:

peterlandsiedel

Some more:

peterlandsiedel

Final set:

peterlandsiedel

I lied: this is the final set.

When the instructors arrived on Saturday morning I had made several jokes about having to get out a shovel to remove that massive snow pile. We all figured we could fit all of the shooters on the line without having to touch the snow/ice pile. Then everyone showed up. The instructors understood my previous jokes as a preemptive statement to volunteer to move the snow. Photos courtesy of Mr. Kaiser Leib.

lumberjack55

Nice job on the pics Peter and Kaiser!  And on the glacier removal operation.
ps I dig the panoramic shots!

peterlandsiedel

"Glacier removal operation"

You give me too much credit!

The panoramas were fun, I think the last time I tried to use them you me and Kaiser were backpacking and I couldn't hold the camera still enough for them to work.

Necee

Look Great Guys (and IVY)  O0

Congrats Todd- happy to see that you persevered!!