News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Chugiak, AK April 19th, 2014

Started by fisherdawg, April 20, 2014, 12:25:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fisherdawg

If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary. (James Madison)

"Young man, what we meant in going for those Redcoats was this: we always had governed ourselves and we always meant to. They didn't mean we should."
(Captain Levi Preston, of the Danvers militia, at age 91, remembering the day)

That it is an indispensable duty which we owe to God, our country, ourselves and posterity, by all lawful ways and means in our power to maintain, defend and preserve those civil and religious rights and liberties, for which many of our fathers fought, bled and died, and to hand them down entire to future generations.  Suffolk Resolves, September 9, 1774, attributed to Dr. Joseph Warren

fisherdawg

We had favorable weather and 26 patriotic Americans!
If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary. (James Madison)

"Young man, what we meant in going for those Redcoats was this: we always had governed ourselves and we always meant to. They didn't mean we should."

That it is an indispensable duty which we owe to God, our country, ourselves and posterity, by all lawful ways and means in our power to maintain, defend and preserve those civil and religious rights and liberties, for which many of our fathers fought, bled and died, and to hand them down entire to future generations.  Suffolk Resolves, September 9, 1774, attributed to Dr. Joseph Warren

Brickington Crushworthy

As a first-timer to one of these events, I must say that it was quite a day for me and my father.

I do look more serious than I think I probably wanted to in that top picture, though.

fisherdawg

It dawned clear and cool promising a beautiful day for 26 fine American patriots who joined us to Honor the memory of April 19th, 1775 at beautiful Birchwood Recreation & Shooting park in Chugiak, Alaska. 
The Hogfamily turned out to help with setup and admin/check-in:
Michelle
Joseph
Travis
Daniel
Shane
Thank you!
^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
The following came to the line:
Bovee
Vernon
Lance
Dan
Glynn
F.
Will
Bethany
Cisco
David
Jill
Becca
Sean
Mike
Aaron
Oscar
Karla
Barry
Robert
Jason
Lauro
Steve
Mike
Thomas
Brendon
All of you have a Rifleman in you waiting to come -- if you apply perseverance to the task!
;D
All of you were diligent in applying the lessons of marksmanship taught by:
ItsanSKS (Eric)
fisherdawg (Wally)
eagleriver (Chris)
Pete! (Pete)
AlaskaRed (Matt)
Knox (Josh)
Hogfamily (Bill)
RedBoston (Kevin)
509Gman (Andrew)
And you appreciated the History as told by
Pete!
eagleriver
ItsanSKS
AlaskaRed
And you honored the dead of April 19th, 1775 with a memorial volley.
O0
Please post you comments, suggestions and photos!
I hope to see you at Appleseed again soon.
Yours for Liberty,
fisherdawg

Minutemom

It looks like you had a great day in beautiful Alaska!  I'm glad you had better weather than we had down here in Florida.  I hope everyone learned a lot and will be back for more!
Minutemom
Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

"In the prevailing political theory of the founding era, the family was considered one of the essential pillars of republican virtue, and it not only needed to be nurtured, but also protected from the tyranny of the government.... American revolutionaries and their descendants understood marriage and the family to be schools of republican virtue. -Mary Lyndon Shanley, Review Essay, 27 Law & Soc. Inq. 923,

fisherdawg

Quote from: Minutemom on April 21, 2014, 01:54:41 PM
It looks like you had a great day in beautiful Alaska!  I'm glad you had better weather than we had down here in Florida.  I hope everyone learned a lot and will be back for more!
Minutemom

I believe so Chris -- one the guys in the office went to Sarasota over the weekend.  He said it was rainy down there.

hogfamily

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners.

"Move that fat ass Henry!"
"Don't swing your balls or you'll swamp the boat!"

Minutemom

Quote from: fisherdawg on April 21, 2014, 10:51:11 PM
I believe so Chris -- one the guys in the office went to Sarasota over the weekend.  He said it was rainy down there.

Yep, it was rainy and nasty, and cold for Florida at this time of year (go ahead and laugh - I'm sure my definition of cold is far different from yours  ;D)

Hogfamily - awesome blog!  I love seeing entire families involved in promoting the cause!  Thank you!
Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

"In the prevailing political theory of the founding era, the family was considered one of the essential pillars of republican virtue, and it not only needed to be nurtured, but also protected from the tyranny of the government.... American revolutionaries and their descendants understood marriage and the family to be schools of republican virtue. -Mary Lyndon Shanley, Review Essay, 27 Law & Soc. Inq. 923,

hogfamily

Thanks Minutemom - You should come to Alaska to warm up and Appleseed with us!
Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners.

"Move that fat ass Henry!"
"Don't swing your balls or you'll swamp the boat!"

Minutemom

Quote from: hogfamily on April 23, 2014, 02:04:13 PM
Thanks Minutemom - You should come to Alaska to warm up and Appleseed with us!

Aw dang, I would love to!  A summer family vacation to Alaska sounds like a good idea - we haven't been since before the children were born!  And what a better way to spend the time than at an Appleseed shoot  O0