News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Des Moines Gun Show June 20-22

Started by Twineagles, April 20, 2014, 11:27:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twineagles

We are setting up again for the Des Moines gun Show in June. We could use some fresh faces to help out at the table. Bryce our silver tongue devil and main table support may not be available. This is one of our best ways to get the word out for our program in Iowa. Shooters from all over IA attend the DSM show.

Who is available for some table time?

Mike
Every time I teach a class, I discover I don�t know something - Clint Smith

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. � John Wayne

Reload

If you'll allow an enthusiastic cook behind the table, I should be able to cover some of the times.

Reload

Yankeedutch

Reload,
You are one dangerous cook!  The AQT has just not realized it yet.  You're help will be much appreciated.
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act."
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

VS Brown

I plan on being there starting about 10AM on Sunday the 22nd to work the Appleseed table

Stan (VS) Brown

Twineagles

We could still use some help! Festus will be there on Friday to set up. A half a day shift would always help out too. The DSM shows draw shooters from all over the state and is resonsible for finding us new locations too.

Mike

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. � John Wayne

Ames

My son and I can help on Sunday, if Stan wants company.  We can be there at 9am and stay until 2pm-ish.

VS Brown

Sorry guys, my plans changed.  Going to be out of State that day traveling on the way back to Iowa.  I'm not going to make the Des Moines Gun Show.

Stan (VS) Brown :(

Reload

Show hours are Fri 5-9 Sat 9-5 & Sun 9-3.  It sounds like Sunday is covered.  I can help Friday with setup and the show.  Will we have vendor passes at the door, or how do we get in?

Who is scheduled for Saturday?  Normally Saturday morning is the big rush (early ammo shoppers?), so I can help out then if needed.

Jerry

Twineagles

Saturday would be great. I am working out my schedule to see if I can be there Saturday too.

Mike

Twineagles

We could use some more help. Saturday is our annual kids fishing day for Madison County Sportsmen's Club and I will be tied up with that. I may be able to get out Sunday afternoon.

Mike

Reload

Friday and Saturday were good days at the show.  Lots of interaction and several people indicated they would be signing up for an event.  Many seemed interested in the Winterset shoots.  In the future we need go have more supplies available to pass out to those who are interested.

The "Riflemans Quarter Mile" flier was a great intro for those passing by the table.  I ran out of those quickly on Saturday.

Jerry

Burnett

Quote from: Reload on June 22, 2014, 01:11:54 PM
The "Riflemans Quarter Mile" flier was a great intro for those passing by the table.  I ran out of those quickly on Saturday.
I missed that.
What's it?

Greg

Reload

I had to dig around to find one at home, but there was one included in the packet that BuzzG handed out at the last shoot I attended.  Grey paper with "The Rifleman's Quarter Mile" as header.  Has sections on Target Detection, Range Estimation, Trajectory, Come Ups, etc.

Worked great at the gun show as the folks passing by were all shooters and were more interested in taking that than a trifold.

Jerry