News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Houston, MO Apr. 5-6

Started by connibear, April 11, 2014, 10:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

connibear

Saturday turned out to be a great day to learn marksmanship and heritage. Four people came out and we had a grand ole time. Rebecca, Anthony, Lana (I probably spelled that wrong, sorry if I did) otherwise known as Mrs. Duckcreek51, and colton duckcreek51 jr. came and did awesome. Colton, buddy, your groups shrank considerably when you got that bag to shoot from, Anthony you did great, sorry you had all the misfires, you really got control of your trigger slapping by Sunday afternoon. Rebecca, you also did great shrinking your groups and learning NPOA now trust it and remember riflemans cadence. keep doing dryfiring you'll be surprised what good that can do. Finally, Mrs. duckcreek51, well she knew what she was about this weekend with a score of 210 and backed it up with two more scores one I know was a 219 so we waived the north bridge water dunking.
Sunday we shot several rapid fire AQTS which every liked very well. We also concentrated a lot on KD and shot several rounds of KD, from 25, 50, 75, 100 and way out to 200. Every one did very well on learning come ups and then coming back down to 25yds. Avery great weekend look forward to June. I will try to post pics if I can get them off my phone, otherwise I think duckcreek51 has some to post later.

Thanks to Big Piney Sportsmans Club, and to Thursday and duckcreek51, and thankyou shooters for spending your weekend with us in marksmanship and heritage.

Feel free to post comments and pics.
......"Where the spirit of the Lord is there is Liberty."    I Cor. 3:17b

A Nation that does not serve the Lord Jesus Christ cannot and does not have Liberty.

PaleRider

CBear,
I live near San Antonio now, but I'm from MO! Cape Girardeau-raised, UMR grad with in-laws still there. If I can swing it sometime, I'd like to come up an help out!
Tim
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." Rev 6:8

connibear

c'mon man. we need some help in wright city, near st. Louis on Apr.26-27, but if you can't make it check our schedule and plan accordingly. See you on the trail.

A Nation that does not serve the Lord Jesus Christ cannot and does not have Liberty.

PaleRider

Dude, I have my plate FULL down here as it is! Quit beggin'!  ;D Before I moved here I did live in Lake St. Louis for 7 years, but I didn't know a thing about AS.
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." Rev 6:8

connibear

alright no more beggin from me. We have a lot of IC in st. Louis area so we shouldn't have a problem. We also have two in the cape area. We have shoots in wright city, rosebud, houston, Holden (KS) area, and billings south of springfield, and one sometime at Osage beach. So we have plenty of things happening here to, so YOU can keep beggin' to come to MO.  ;D  O0

PaleRider

Oh, and not to rub it in (actually, yes), but I'll be at the NRA convention that 26-27 April weekend as well :).

duckcreek51

Another great weekend at Big Piney where I started my journey with the AS program almost a year ago to the day!  We had an outstanding group (I have to say this because I have to live with two of them daily...lol)  I was glad to see that Anthony was starting to get his breathing down by day two and the vast improvement of Colton finally getting the concept of the scope sight on target.  He started the weekend out with a 56 and ended up with a 201 by day two.  Rebecca also had improvements in trigger control and breathing and with the switching to a scope from iron sights.  It was the first time I had seen the set up of known distance at a shoot for the AQTs.  We had targets set up from 25 all the way out to 100 yards.  All students transitioned well with the come ups and back down to the 25 yard zeros.  A few students went to 200 yards having some difficulties with running out of scope adjustment and trying out "Kentucky windage"    **)  Last but not least, it was a real proud moment when the love of my life earned her Rifleman patch. 

Thanks again to Thursday for another great job as shoot boss and to Connibear for keeping Missouri shoots on schedule. 
"As for this damned old fox, the Devil himself could not catch him."

duckcreek51

more pictures

duckcreek51

and more pictures

duckcreek51

...guess what - more pictures

duckcreek51

a few more

duckcreek51

I don't have a forum name yet, so I am posting this under duckcreek51.

Thank you to Thursday, Connibear, and duckcreek51 for all their help this weekend!  I still struggle with the transitions, getting my NPOA quickly, and those darn ol' mag changes, but I am going to keep working on that.  I liked the "quick and dirty" way of doing things with less mag changes.  I felt more relaxed and able put more focus on the six steps of firing a shot.  I also felt better about that horrible thing called "Time;" maybe a little too comfortable as I actually ran out of time on the 5-minute prone stage.

I was very proud of Colton for sticking with it the whole weekend and finally showing that he had the concept.  Now, if we can get him to slow down...it sounded like a  :~ gun over there.....gotta love those boys!!!

Anthony and Rebecca, don't give up and I hope to see you both at another shoot.   A little side thanks to Rebecca for her very sweet comment telling me "You're not old."   :)  I certainly appreciated that considering I was the oldest shooter by far.

A special thanks to duckcreek51 for working with me at home and helping me obtain Rifleman!!  Too bad I beat his score (I got lucky  ;)

I can't wait to go back to AS soon!  Lanna