News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Anyone need/want slings? I can bring to the NRA convention.

Started by ITB, April 09, 2014, 06:26:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITB

To all of those in Indiana, or anyone who'll be at the convention:

I am in possession of upwards of 100 slings.  Standard GI webslings, mostly cotton, some nylon, mostly green, a few cotton black (no black nylon).  Got these from CJ Weapons Accessories in Jefferson City, MO.  The Minnesota guys turned me on to them.  I buy in bulk for our events - it's easier to sell them than loan them out.

I'm happy to sell them to you at my cost - $9.00 a sling.  I will bring them with me to the convention.  Please let me know how many you want, color and material either via PM or by posting on this thread.  First come, first served. 

I have requests from the following people as of 15:51 4/15/14:

UL
Techres
TJ Kackowski
Rayne
Barbie
Rusty
topper
smiledochill
Wild Deuce
Gatorindy
grunt soldier
42769vette
redbaron
ATM

UPDATE: 4/24: As of this moment, I have 37 OD green and 7 black slings requested.  The box I'm bringing fits 64 slings nicely.  I will have 20 extras - 8 black and 12 green.  First come, first served on the extras.  Cash and exact change will be very much appreciated.
"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

Unbridled Liberty

Thanks for the generous offer Burbs.  If they have nice tight keepers, I'll take 2 green cotton.

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

ITB

Yes, nice tight keepers.  These are quality slings.  Gotcha down.
"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

techres

Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

slim

I'll vouch for the quality of these slings. Just passed two of them off to shooting buddies of mine today. A steal at $9!

AuntieBellum

Just don't get them mixed up with the booth merchandise. I don't have the list yet, but slings may be on it.   O0
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

Barbie

I'll take 2 green cotton ones...  I'll be down for NRACON so I'll pick em up and pay for em then. 

Thank you!

- Barbie
(812-290-4738)
Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

Indiana Appleseed:  Farm Bred, Brass Fed

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

topper

I'd like (2) green and (2) black. I'll look you up on Saturday.

Thanks

smiledochill

IF I actually can make it there I'd buy 2 green cotton from you. 

gatorindy

I'll take two cotton  green  I'm working the rifle range All Day Friday and Saturday(hoping to attend one seminar on Saturday at 1:00 if I can get away for on hour and a half..
Thanks
John Gaither

grunt soldier

custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

http://s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/gruntsoldier2/

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.

AAOptics

Can someone either bring a couple by my booth, or pick me up 2.

I green is fine, but if someone has their heart set on your last green, I really couldn't care less what color I get.

ITB

I have, shall we say, plenty of OD green cotton slings.

OP updated with list of names.

redbaron

I'll take four OD green cotton slings.

I'm not sure what day or days I'll be up there just yet.

ATM

5 green cotton, please. I'll be at the convention Sat and Sun afternoon until close.

Thanks for the good deal to pass along.
Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

ITB

Bumping this.  See update in red at bottom of original post.

SteelThunder

NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

Del

If you'll be around Sunday morning, I'll be working the youth event and would like 3 green Nylon.

grunt soldier

Quote from: Del on April 24, 2014, 08:04:05 PM
If you'll be around Sunday morning, I'll be working the youth event and would like 3 green Nylon.

I am in the same boat. I pm'd him and he said he will be there till 1 on Sunday.
custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

http://s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/gruntsoldier2/

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.

ITB

Yes, I will be there Saturday and Sunday.  If I'm not in the booth, there will be a box with the slings and an envelope to deposit the money.

redbaron

ITB, doesn't look like I'm going to make it to the convention this weekend, so Slim is going to pick up my slings for me.

Thanks again!