News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Recruiting New Ranges

Started by PaleRider, April 07, 2014, 12:29:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaleRider

I shot at a range this weekend that might be able to offer a venue for an Appleseed event. Do we have any dimensions (other than the 25 yards), that we require of a range to be eligible for use? Anything else we require?
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." Rev 6:8

spitstickler

I believe there is some paperwork involved with the range to get it set up. It's probably somewhere here on the forum, but for the life of me I can't find it. Send Reddot a PM and I bet he can give you details.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

George Hacker

Here's the link you want:  http://appleseedusa.org/host_appleseed.html

And it reads... "The firing line needs to be long enough to allow for 30 or more shooters, with 4 feet of firing line space per shooter. Smaller size ranges may also work, depending on location, Instructor availability and the number of Appleseed Shoots we can hold at that location during the year."

Thanks for working in your state to add a new range. Be sure to keep your state coordinator in the loop and help him know what you are up to.

ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."