News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Any interest in participating in a rifle match at Birchwood?

Started by ItsanSKS, April 02, 2014, 10:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItsanSKS

Recently came across this thread: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=40294.0

The "Arizona Defense Match" seems perfectly suited to testing a Riflemans skills out to 300 yards.

If there's enough interest, I'll speak with Dale @ Birchwood about getting it set up. 

Basics of the match:

50 rounds total.  No sighters.  Targets at 100, 200 & 300 yards.  All rounds fired from prone position, using either backpack or sling for support.  Timed courses of fire.  No extra equipment needed or allowed. 

Details of the ADM course of fire and rules can be found here:
http://www.asrpa.com/Defense_Match/ADM_10-9-2013.pdf

Contact me via PM or email: RWVA@Live.com to let me know you're interested.  If I get more than 15 people willing to participate, I'll work on setting a date.  Cost per shooter to be determined, based on number of participants and cost of range use. 

"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

fisherdawg

If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary. (James Madison)

"Young man, what we meant in going for those Redcoats was this: we always had governed ourselves and we always meant to. They didn't mean we should."
(Captain Levi Preston, of the Danvers militia, at age 91, remembering the day)

That it is an indispensable duty which we owe to God, our country, ourselves and posterity, by all lawful ways and means in our power to maintain, defend and preserve those civil and religious rights and liberties, for which many of our fathers fought, bled and died, and to hand them down entire to future generations.  Suffolk Resolves, September 9, 1774, attributed to Dr. Joseph Warren

509gman

"What! what! men, dodging this way for single bullets! What will you do when they open fire along the whole line? I am ashamed of you. They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist-"
Last words of Union Gen. John Sedgwick, before he was killed by a Confederate sniper.

hogfamily

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners.

"Move that fat ass Henry!"
"Don't swing your balls or you'll swamp the boat!"

ItsanSKS

Talked with Dale last night, and he's game.  Here's the rub- the 300yd range cannot be shut down on the weekends, even for a couple hours.  Workaround?  Evening match during the week, probably from 6-8pm on a Wednesday or Thursday. 

He also suggested a mid-winter match, requiring the use of snowshoes.  This could be a weekend match.

Need to still hammer out the details such as range rental fee, # of participants, exact course of fire, range rules/line commands, but so far, we've got a green light. 

"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

fisherdawg

If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary. (James Madison)

"Young man, what we meant in going for those Redcoats was this: we always had governed ourselves and we always meant to. They didn't mean we should."
(Captain Levi Preston, of the Danvers militia, at age 91, remembering the day)

That it is an indispensable duty which we owe to God, our country, ourselves and posterity, by all lawful ways and means in our power to maintain, defend and preserve those civil and religious rights and liberties, for which many of our fathers fought, bled and died, and to hand them down entire to future generations.  Suffolk Resolves, September 9, 1774, attributed to Dr. Joseph Warren

509gman

"What! what! men, dodging this way for single bullets! What will you do when they open fire along the whole line? I am ashamed of you. They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist-"
Last words of Union Gen. John Sedgwick, before he was killed by a Confederate sniper.

509gman

On second thought, if you make it on a Friday I could catch the sniffles real quick. ;)

ItsanSKS

509gman

Don't worry about trying to fit me in if you're trying to get the first match out in the next couple of weeks. I'm sending my SKS trigger in for a tuneup(3-4 week turnaround) and I don't relish the thought of three mag changes in 60 seconds with my American (maybe one day). :P