News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hell Just Froze Over!!!

Started by PaleRider, April 01, 2014, 02:12:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaleRider

Guys!
My wife just agreed to participate in the June AS in San Antonio, and I signed up as instructor! I just ordered her a Marlin LTR so she can't back out! I'm still in a panic, though, because as every guy knows, the LAST thing you should ever do is try to instruct your wife on how to do ANYTHING if you want to LIVE!!! I'll just have to RSO the other side of the line :).
Tim
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." Rev 6:8

George Hacker

Congratulations, PaleRider. I hope she has a wonderful time and learns what this Appleseed thing is all about. :)
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

carlb

"He who sacrifices essential liberty for temporary safety deserves neither" - Benjamin Franklin
"Children should be educated and instructed in the principles of freedom." - John Adams
"One hundred rounds do not constitute fire power. One hit constitutes fire power." - General Merritt Edson, U.S. Marine Corps

fisherdawg

Quote from: PaleRider on April 01, 2014, 02:12:21 PM
Guys!
My wife just agreed to participate in the June AS in San Antonio, and I signed up as instructor! I just ordered her a Marlin LTR so she can't back out! I'm still in a panic, though, because as every guy knows, the LAST thing you should ever do is try to instruct your wife on how to do ANYTHING if you want to LIVE!!! I'll just have to RSO the other side of the line :).
Tim

PR -- let the other Instructors instruct her ... but watch out as sometimes women catch on very fast, shoot small groups, make high scores.....
>:D
fisherdawg
If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary. (James Madison)

"Young man, what we meant in going for those Redcoats was this: we always had governed ourselves and we always meant to. They didn't mean we should."
(Captain Levi Preston, of the Danvers militia, at age 91, remembering the day)

That it is an indispensable duty which we owe to God, our country, ourselves and posterity, by all lawful ways and means in our power to maintain, defend and preserve those civil and religious rights and liberties, for which many of our fathers fought, bled and died, and to hand them down entire to future generations.  Suffolk Resolves, September 9, 1774, attributed to Dr. Joseph Warren

Unbridled Liberty

My wife went a few years ago on a very hot, sunny Saturday.  Saturday morning I offered her elbow pads before she started shooting, and a couple times throughout the day, but she refused to use them.   She is red-haired and fair-skinned and she burned her elbows very badly on the shooting mat.  She has never returned. 

Try your best to make sure she is comfortable.  Hopefully it will turn out better for her/you.  Best wishes. 

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

slim

Quote from: PaleRider on April 01, 2014, 02:12:21 PMthe LAST thing you should ever do is try to instruct your wife on how to do ANYTHING if you want to LIVE!!! I'll just have to RSO the other side of the line :).
When my wife attended her first event this is exactly what we did. I RSO'd the left side and she was on the far right. I barely spoke to her all day because I wanted to stay out of her hair and give her the opportunity to improve without me hovering over her.

In the early afternoon, after she'd complained about the weather all day long, I snuck up behind her talking to another shooter and overheard her say, "It's really fun. I like this a lot." When she saw I was there she changed her tone immediately and cried, "It's so cold and I'm freezing and this is so horrible."

Busted!

Cold and rainy. Her next event was about 100+ degrees so she got to complain about that too.

Fast-forward a few years and she's learned to attend the Sundays in September if she ever chooses to grace us with her presence. Her forum name? Terminator.  :slap:

Birdman

Slim, I knew it! That lady with the mohawk just had to be your wife!
:)

AFTERMATH

Quote from: PaleRider on April 01, 2014, 02:12:21 PM
Guys!
Tim

Yeah, let the other guys do the work - and don't make any bets!  - Anyone else remember that story?  Think it made SGN. ???
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

PaleRider

OMG! LOL! I knew I was right!  O0
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." Rev 6:8

LesMoore

Ok, it could be like those stories already told, where the wife never, or hardly ever attends again....or it could end up like me and my husband.  We both attended our first Appleseed together several years ago.  I had never shot a rifle, and LOVED IT!!!  We are both instructors, and last year I became a SB.

Now, JP says he created a monster!!  Shooting, and Appleseeds, is our favorite hobby!!  Good luck to ya!

Leslie

PaleRider

Leslie, I hope she ends up loving it as much as you do! I'll be on the OTHER side of the line :).

Pistolgrip

Good Luck! My wife never will, but my daughter wants to.    @@)
"Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." ~ Mark Twain