News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Possible Libertyseed during NRA convention? Anyone?

Started by grunt soldier, March 30, 2014, 04:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grunt soldier

First let me preface this saying that I can't take lead on it as my real life job won't allow it.  However it could be a pretty cool thing.   

Most folks at the NRA convention could be reached if they didn't have to walk far to a libertyseed.  something cool to do after the doors shut and they need some where to go.   A local gentleman got a hold of me with a suggestion. 

The local gentleman's daughter is in charge of scheduling for the war memorial and monument circle!  The NRA put a hold on the facilities but never booked anything. The basement of the Monument has a nice little theater that could be used for this purpose. Plus it's not great but they do have a small revolutionary war exhibit (It's going to be revamped this year but is still there now).  I have verified with her that after 1730 it would be completely open if we wanted to schedule one. 

If advertised at the convention it could be a great way to draw folks with in walking distance in,  especially those who don't want to spend 80 dollars on dinner ect.  I believe this could have the possibility to be a rather large event if folks working the event push it.

Either way I just wanted to pass along the info and if anyone is interested I can pass along her info to get something set up.   I wish I could take the lead but again I'm working all days and after the wife just having the baby my leave is exhausted. 
custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

http://s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/gruntsoldier2/

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.

ATM

PM me the contact info and I will pursue this opportunity. Thanks!
Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

hawkhavn

Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

grunt soldier

ATM I sent you the info good sir. 

Hopefully you guys can get something set up as I think it would be a very cool place for a libertyseed and a heck of a good chance to spread the work to fellow enthusiasts!  Plus it's a possibility to have a place to hold them in the future!
custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.

LawDog

I will be in Indy.  I do a pretty decent job with the Strikes.  Count me in if you need me.

SPQR

Ive been suggesting for a bit that we do them at intervals at the booth.  It could be distracting for a Striker that is not used to a flowing crowd but if the history heavies bring their stuff it may bring in some interest.
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

AAOptics

Depending on the meetings I have after the show, I would LOVE to go to a liberty seed.  I've never been to one.  I hosted one, but since my wife had never heard the story, and we had a 2 yr old that was NOT going to sit still I left 5 minutes into the story.

ATM

Tentative plan is to have some sort of RWVA get together and LibertySeed on Friday evening April 25th at the War Memorial Pershing Auditorium (seats 500).

First choice was Saturday evening but the facilities were already reserved.

Will update with more info as the plan comes together.

AAOptics

Quote from: ATM on March 31, 2014, 09:35:19 PM
Tentative plan is to have some sort of RWVA get together and LibertySeed on Friday evening April 25th at the War Memorial Pershing Auditorium (seats 500).

I should be able to schedule around that.  This is a great idea.

spitfire51

Happy to help with whatever needs to be done for this.
"A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends on the character of the user" -Theodore Roosevelt

slim

SPQR

ATM that sounds awesome.  As always you have my full support and anything you need from me.
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

AAOptics

The show is over at 6pm.  What time are you thinking?

Brown

First 5 seats confirmed. common guys lets make this a packed house!
I have noticed you get things done and I respect that-SPQR

AAOptics

Its looking like Ill have about 10 in my crew depending on the time.  If the show is over at 6, I probably wont get out until 630 minimum, so I might miss the first strike.

grunt soldier

Let me know what time this is happening so I can get it on all the local boards. 

HippieChick

I'll be there. Happy to help however-except the actual history part (not there yet).

Nero

Is that schedule confirmed?  Brown and I are working on an  >:D plan to e-mail all nearby subscribers to the newsletter to show up at NRACon in AS T-shirts, we can add a promo for attending the LibertySeed as well.
"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters." —Frederick Douglass

ATM

Cadence

I don't know if this is the correct place for this request, but I am looking for someone who might have an extra bed (or floor even) available for Friday night 04/25/14 so I could attend the Libertyseed on Friday night. Recent searches for rooms have been fruitless for that night. I was planning in driving down for Saturday ( I live near Toledo, OH), but would like to attend the Libertyseed also. I of course would share expenses for that night. If you have a bed, or know of someone that does, please PM me. - Thanks
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

grunt soldier

There is a thread in xp80 for people looking for beds. I'll post your request in there for you. I'm sure some one can take care of you though.

techres

Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

Cadence

Quote from: grunt soldier on April 13, 2014, 02:33:59 AM
There is a thread in xp80 for people looking for beds. I'll post your request in there for you. I'm sure some one can take care of you though.

Thanks - I appreciate the effort
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

LawDog

I didn't hear that I was needed for this, but - just in case - I have had to change my plans.  I will not make the convention.  I will miss seeing/meeting you all.
LD

ATM

We'll miss you, LawDog.

This LibertySeed is covered but we hope everyone who can will make it. Pershing Auditorium at the Indianapolis War Memorial should be an absolutely awesome venue to hold this and will hopefully set the stage for future events here.

Presentation begins at 7:00pm and will likely run until 8:30ish. Grab an early dinner or plan for a late one depending on your convention schedule and plans, but please make this a priority. There will be lots of folks to meet and greet.

Some folks still don't realize just how easy and effective these events can be. This is your chance to check it out in action.

Because, when LibertySeeds really take off, when we all catch the vision for them and reach the rest of America by taking our story to them

...then we can tell our posterity that we pursued every means necessary to ensure that our heritage and their inheritance was guarded and strengthened until the day they were ready to assume the full measure of that obligation themselves.

'Merica.

Was anyone able to help out Cadence with a place to stay?

Corvette

If you need 10 foot x 4 foot Battle Road Maps, I can bring mine.

I plan to be there Friday and Saturday at least.

Corvette

Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Pitmaster

I passed this on for distribution to the 2nd Amendment Patriots. Im hoping Jim sends it out.
Pitmaster

Captain Noah Cook a Revolutionary War Veteran was my great, great, great,...great grandfather. Noah Cook enlisted in the militia on April 21, 1775 at age 18 upon learning of the Battles of Lexington and Concord that morning. His company left on that day for Concord arriving April 24, 1775.*

*History of Northampton, Massachusetts: from its settlement ..., Volume 2, Part 2, Chapter 25, Page 359

"The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home." Antonin Scalia

�The test of a democracy is not whether the people vote, but whether the people rule.� G.K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Member

ATM

Quote from: Corvette on April 15, 2014, 07:54:00 PM

Corvette

I think we've decided to use the facility's 15 foot video screen for display, but thank you.

ThePoet

Attached is the official press release which is being sent to media outlets nationwide.  Please fee free to share with any local media as you see fit.

Nero

Quote from: ATM on April 15, 2014, 09:31:36 PM
Quote from: Corvette on April 15, 2014, 07:54:00 PM

Corvette

I think we've decided to use the facility's 15 foot video screen for display, but thank you.

Better to have a backup and not need it...   :cool2:
"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters." —Frederick Douglass