News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

West Virginia

Started by FiremanBob, March 13, 2014, 07:37:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FiremanBob

We have a student from West VA signed up for Black Creek on 3/29-30. His name is Bruce, and he's from West Virginia. He wants to talk about holding a shoot in his state, and raised the question on the Rimfire Central forum.
Author of "The 10/22 Companion: How to Operate, Troubleshoot, Maintain and Improve Your Ruger 10/22"

"Remember constantly that a nation cannot long remain strong when each man in it is individually weak, and that neither social forms nor political schemes have yet been found that can make a people energetic by composing it of pusillanimous and soft citizens." - de Tocqueville

The Wolfhound

West Virginia appears to be struggling right now.  I see no shoots scheduled.  Border raiding  may be his best bet for the moment.  He is welcome here and perhaps we can encourage WV to greater activity.  Depending on where he lives, Ky. Pa. Md. and Oh. are additional options.  If some range were to open up further west, in Virginia, we might serve that community even better.

Charles McKinley

There will be an IBC in Western PA. 

I invite any and all who would like to come.  Especially those from WV who would like to get the program going.  We are willing to come down and help get things started.  Please come up and meet us and get up to speed!

Details are on the PA board.

Stand
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Unbridled Liberty

Quote from: FiremanBob on March 13, 2014, 07:37:52 AM
We have a student from West VA signed up for Black Creek on 3/29-30. His name is Bruce, and he's from West Virginia. He wants to talk about holding a shoot in his state, and raised the question on the Rimfire Central forum.

Please put him in contact with me: ky@appleseedinfo.org 859-327-7401

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

jmdavis

Someone should talk to Jeff (WVMMFALCON). He is an active instructor in the state and was trying to schedule shoots. Maybe he needs help. Maybe he has had problems. 
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

Charles McKinley

I just sent him an invitation to the IBC  I hope he comes and brings a friend or two.  The crew from western PA is willing to go down and help out.

Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery