News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

.22 ammo From Federal

Started by duc-dog, March 11, 2014, 10:57:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duc-dog

There has been a post on the thread to get ammo direct from the factory to support youth shooting sports.  Is this something we want to pursue??  If so since we have no state coordinator I would be willing to do the leg work for this.  I don't know how we would disperse the ammo but we can figure that out later. Step one is to get ammo.      Thoughts?   Does someone else want to take the lead?

Milt
If you will not fight when you can easily win without bloodshed.
   You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory because it
      is better to perish than to live as slaves.  
         Winston Churchhill (paraphased)

oladcock

Go for it Milt, just let me know if you need any $$$...O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

TaosGlock

Looks like each registered group can order 3 cases. Each case has 5K rounds. Each case coats $153.
I think I got it right from reading the thread.

Well I say go for it Milt. We will buy a case or split a case if there are a bunch of us wanting to involved.

We had to run around at the last minute finding ammo for our last Boy Scout shoot here at the WC.
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

scuzzy

Whoever is going to be the lead on this needs to:

1. Go here:
  http://youthshootingsa.com/programs/submit_program
  Use Appleseed - New Mexico as the program name
  enter your info

2. You will not get an email back saying you've been accepted - they will just post your info on the website. After a day or two go back to the home page:

http://youthshootingsa.com

Search through your state. If you're listed proceed to the next step. PM me for info if needed.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

duc-dog

Thanks for the info;  I went to the web site and signed up.  We will see where it leads. 

duc-dog

We are now listed on the YSSA web site.  I will place the order tonight. 

The
NRA Whittington Center Adventure Camp is also listed, and camps can recieve alot more than 15,000 rounds.  Dan, do you have any contacts that might spread the wealth ?

Milt

TaosGlock

Milt, I will check for us. Don't know how much the WC is alloted from Federal.  I used over 60K of 22 alone last year at Adventure Camp. We ran out of Federal though. So we used other companies. I do know CTD donated some 308/223 to the AC.
We have many companies that donate ammo, especially 22 ammo to the youth AC each year.
We had to ration 50 BMG and just had enough 308.
Dan
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

duc-dog

Quote from: TaosGlock on March 13, 2014, 09:57:59 PM
Milt, I will check for us. Don't know how much the WC is alloted from Federal.  I used over 60K of 22 alone last year at Adventure Camp. We ran out of Federal though. So we used other companies. I do know CTD donated some 308/223 to the AC.
We have many companies that donate ammo, especially 22 ammo to the youth AC each year.
We had to ration 50 BMG and just had enough 308.
Dan

Camps can order 10 cases; Here is the order form as posted by law dog on the shoot boss forum: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=39981.0;attach=113603
Just need to attach the Web page From YSSA and get the guy listed as POC to order it.

Checks in the mail for our 3 cases
     Milt

hotairbill

Looking forward to Roswell on pril 19.  Replying to Milt with contact info and e-mail address
hotairbill@yahoo.com

Thanks, Bill Butler
If you are not happy doing what you are doing... it's time to change what you are doing!
Rifleman patch, March 16, 2014.  Accepted an ORANGE hat on Sunday, 20 April, in Roswell NM. Now I start "Baby Steps."
Earned Red Hat, May 21, 2017.  Earned Shoot Boss, November 4, 2018!  Look out, Alamogordo, N.M. here comes Appleseed, again!