News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Proctor, VT Appleseed 27/28 September 2008

Started by Nickle, September 29, 2008, 10:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nickle

Well, I'll get this kicked off, but I won't be stealing the Shoot Bosses thunder.

The quick story?

15 shooters, both days, for 17 total. 4 Riflemen produced, 3 IIT's recruited.

Pictures to follow.

Edited to add - There are some comments and pics at the NES forum.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=43869&page=4
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.

Scout

BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

KMM696

What a great weekend!!    ;D

Still a cook, but I'm sneaking up on a better score.  Next time......

We lucked out on weather, only had a couple minutes of rain Sunday, instead of the downpour forecast for the whole weekend.  Nice range, excellent instructors, met some great people.  I don't have any pictures, too busy shooting & loading & shooting & loading........

Now I know what I need to work on to improve my shooting, I can get some useful practice in.  Tried shooting those positions and targets before going to Proctor, but I may have been reinforcing bad habits.  I need to work on equipment prep, as well.  My rifle was not as ready as I thought it was for this, and while malfunction drills are good to know, it does take away from concentrating on shooting.  I'll do better next time.  Sadly, that might not be Winchendon in October - the family was making plans that might make it impossible for me to go.   :'(

Thanks to all who made this possible - I had a great time!

Kevin

Kevin

Buzzworth

1st day 15 shooters 1st shots fired at 09:42
Cloudy 65 degrees threat of rain (none fell)
2 one day shooters
Round count 276
5 QD AQTS NO RIFLEMEN

2nd day 15 shooters 1st shots fired at 09:54
Cloudy cooler around 50 greater threat of rain (rained for a short time once)
Two new shooters that have been to two Appleseeds previously (dangerous cooks both Mother and Son)
Round count 401
10 QD AQTs 4 RIFLEMEN!  :)

Totals 17 shooters 677rounds of aimed fire  8)
4 RIFLEMEN

Yet another OUTSTANDING Appleseed event

We had some new to shooting shooters who are starting off with correct instruction
They may have a long way to go and it will be on the right path I hope they stick to it, buy a good training rifle and get off the couch and go to a range

If I had the kick start they just got, well... ::)

In deed the weather "experts" missed the mark :P (good for us)

Proctor is a nice range with hungry mosquitoes and this weekend hungry for knowledge and skill shooters too ;)

Met new people and saw some familiar faces :)

Again worked with an OUTSTANDING CREW it is my honor to know and work with such people
While waking up others of like ilk. (three new IITs)  :)

All who attended they know very well what they are about.

Good time was had by all  :) :) :)

HUZZAH, HUZZAH, HUZZAH!!!!!!!!

WELL DONE...(again)  ;)

Next
No Guns, No safety, No freedom
KNOW Guns, KNOW Safety, KNOW FREEDOM