News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Butner Midrange Weekend 2-3x600's

Started by jmdavis, March 08, 2014, 06:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmdavis

The North State Shooters Club in NC will be holding their Spring 2014 midrange weekend March 15-16 on Range 4 at Camp Butner.

A 3x600 may be shot with Service Rifle, Match Rifle, Palma rifle, and any rifle using Iron Sights or at the same time shooters may choose to compete in F-class (different Target shot at the same time). You are on your own for the details of F class.  ;)

You fire 3- 20 shot matches with 2 sighters at 600 yards. These matches are an excellent way to test your midrange marksmanship at 600 yards and move releatively quickly. On each day of the weekend there will be a 3x600 followed by a 4 man team match at 600. Usually there is one pit change per 3x600.

For details on NSSC and High Power, Midrange and Long Range shooting in Central North Carolina, see http://www.northstateshootingclub.com/newindex.htm Click on the 2014 Schedule heading for a pdf match program of the year's matches.

I believe that there will be several Appleseed Alumni shooting the matches.
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner