News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Baby Grunt in the house

Started by grunt soldier, March 07, 2014, 11:07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grunt soldier

the little man came today.  7.8lbs and 21.5 inches long.  It was very Fer serious.  He decided to get wrapped up with the umbilical cord and wasn't winning.  They got him half way out and it was basically like a noose on his neck.  had to stop clamp it and cut it.  he was purple and not breathing.  so they hit the alarm.  Nicu doctors rushed in and went to work.  he started breathing but turned completely white.  they did some work on him and he came too.

Breathing 100 percent on his own and everything is good but he had a acid imbalance due to not getting the fluids from the cord.  He is spending the night in nicu but they say he should be out tomorrow.

Stuff was crazy scary.  very hard not to be able to be in control of that situation and to be so helpless.   but it's over now so if you have the time please send some good thoughts and prayers my little ones way.  he had a very rough start to this life.

custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

http://s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/gruntsoldier2/

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.

brianheeter

He's just getting all the nasty sh!t out of the way.  It's going to be smooth sailing from here on out.

Congratulations on your son, grunt.  Glad to hear everything turned out OK.

brian
(refuse to) Kiss the Ring!

ATM

That's one dapper little 'merican right there.  O0

Congrats, blessings and prayers for micro grunt and family.
Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

Mutti

Welcome little one to the World. Congrats!
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

Charles McKinley

Nothing like Itty Bitty Babies!!!!!

Glad he is doing better. Prayers a coming.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Niecie

WELCOME!!!  ^:)^

ALL our best wishes, hugs, and prayers for the 'lil Grunt and the whole family!  So glad to hear he is doing well. How is Momma holding up? Give Momma and big Sis a hug from us, too.

What a handsome fellow with a knack for the dramatic... watch out ladies ;D

Niecie & Yellowhouse Jake

grunt soldier

Mom is good. Still trying to get her legs working right now that the epideral is out. She is sleeping. Big sis is already a bit jealous but that's to be expected after seven years of being center of attention. She can't see him yet since he is still in nicu. Hopefully he wi be moved in the morning if his blood sugar and pressure are good which they all have been. 

Thanks for the well wishes and prayers. They are appreciated.
custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.

Niecie

Quote from: grunt soldier on March 08, 2014, 12:31:56 AM
Big sis is already a bit jealous but that's to be expected after seven years of being center of attention.

Be sure to tell her she is still YHJ's favorite!

Glad to hear Momma is doing well. We are keeping our fingers crossed 'Lil Grunt will be ut of NICU in the morning. Hopefully you can get some sleep - sounds like you are gonna need it  ;D

Niecie

SPQR

Awesome sarge.  Can we call him Gruntlicious or The Grunticle?
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

Barbie

Congratulations on the addition!  Sounds like you're gonna have a lil' hell raiser on your hands  :)  Glad everything turned out ok  O0

He's adorable  :)
Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

Indiana Appleseed:  Farm Bred, Brass Fed

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

techres

Hey,

I posted once I saw the picture of your little guy and did not read the whole post (internet ADD).  I was so happy for you to have your kid.  Only today did I read the whole thing and realize that my post probably made me look like an a$$.

You all have my prayers now that I understand the situation. Sorry if it came off all sorts of wrong, I just did not read the entire post.

How are things today?

Techres
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

spitfire51

Congrats on grunt junior.  Glad to hear he made it through his first challenge.  Praying for smooth sailing from here on out.

Does he have a name yet?
"A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends on the character of the user" -Theodore Roosevelt

grunt soldier

No worries techres. I didn't take it as that at all. He and mom are good. She is up and walking now so that is good. They have him off all IV fluids and hopefully will be released from nicu to normal in a few hours. 

I'm ready for him to get all these wires and stuff off him so we can really hold him and stuff. Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers. We appreciate it.

grunt soldier

We had a name but he didn't look like that so we vetoed it. Right now I'm referring to him as .....

The one who shall remain nameless!

colonial shooter

Sorry I'm late on this. I will add prayers for the "little grunt". And Congratulations.
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Brown

Congrats Grunt!

SO glad he is alright. can only imagine the emotions you both went through felling so helpless to help doing anything.

Prayers and best wishes sent to all 4 of you O0
I have noticed you get things done and I respect that-SPQR

grunt soldier

He was just released from nicu. Very excited. We are now in genpop doing well. Thanks for all the good thoughts and prayers!

Uncle Davey

Yeeaahhh buddy! Congratulations sir, nothing like having a son. Wishing youin's all the best!
Those who stay will be champions. Those who persist will be riflemen.

AAOptics

Lonestar6

Well if that boy isn't destined to be an infantryman, none are. He came into the world training how to escape and evade! Way to go little Grunt. Congratulations to all.
LS6
President Reagan is quoted as saying 'There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don't care who gets the credit.' This is a valid observation, and a powerful tool.

Mudcat

Congratulations to the whole family! Glad everything is going smooth now, both of mine had rough starts. I think it makes them tougher down the road.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

grunt soldier

Thanks again everyone. We should be getting released tomorrow afternoon. I'm stoked. He is already working on his chicken wing for standing position.

TJ Kackowski

Sorry I'm late to the game.  Congratulations are definitely in order, and prayers will still be sent up ... you can't get too many prayers.

Maximum Ordinate

Good lookin boy... and most babies are plain ugly.

Congrats, Dad.   :)
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

Pitmaster

Pitmaster

Captain Noah Cook a Revolutionary War Veteran was my great, great, great,...great grandfather. Noah Cook enlisted in the militia on April 21, 1775 at age 18 upon learning of the Battles of Lexington and Concord that morning. His company left on that day for Concord arriving April 24, 1775.*

*History of Northampton, Massachusetts: from its settlement ..., Volume 2, Part 2, Chapter 25, Page 359

"The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home." Antonin Scalia

�The test of a democracy is not whether the people vote, but whether the people rule.� G.K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Member

JSW

Congrats!!!  Enjoy every minute.  They only stay little a few minutes!  Praying for you all. 
If all fathers were riflemen in America that would be 'Merica!  That thought just came to me
After seeing pics of your new son. 

grunt soldier

Wife and little man are both home now and doing fine.  We finally got around to giving the little guy a name.  He is now Jeremy Alexander!  Pretty strong name I think.  Here he is with big sis!

SteelThunder

Quote from: grunt soldier on March 10, 2014, 08:03:49 AM
The one who shall remain nameless!

Quote from: grunt soldier on March 10, 2014, 08:03:49 AM
Wife and little man are both home now and doing fine.  We finally got around to giving the little guy a name.  He is now Jeremy Alexander!  Pretty strong name I think.  Here he is with big sis!

Good, because Lord Voldemort would be difficult for him to learn to spell.
NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

DaveD

Welcome Jeremy Alexander!  Great job Mom & Pop.  I know Big Sis will have him spoiled in no time.  >:D

Prayers for all of you
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson