News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Federal Ammo order

Started by 9mm4545, March 07, 2014, 12:06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

9mm4545

Project Appleseed -Florida is now registered with the Youth Shooting Sports Alliance organization. Through a special program to benefit youth shooting sports, Federal Cartridge Company has made available at a very reasonable cost 15,000 rounds of .22 ammo to each organization affiliated with YSSA. This I believe to be a one-time deal. It should be produced and shipped in April. The deal is this: the ammo must be used solely for youth participating in our program and cannot be resold. I have purchased the maximum amount (15,000 rounds) of this ammo, acting as State Coordinator, to make it available to those under 18 years of age who participate in our shoots. If any Florida shoot bosses wish to have some of this ammo on hand for their young shooters, let me know. This ammo is not for sale but if donations wish to be made to defray my personal costs, well, I won't turn them down. Unless something changes, this is not a reimbursable expense with RWVA. With Florida sales tax, each case of 5000 rounds came to $163.18 making this quite affordable and an excellent way to encourage our young shooters. "I can't find .22 ammo" should no longer be any excuse, at least for our young shooters. Huzzah!
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

FiremanBob

Wow, that's cool. Any chance of other states establishing a similar relationship with YSSA?
Author of "The 10/22 Companion: How to Operate, Troubleshoot, Maintain and Improve Your Ruger 10/22"

"Remember constantly that a nation cannot long remain strong when each man in it is individually weak, and that neither social forms nor political schemes have yet been found that can make a people energetic by composing it of pusillanimous and soft citizens." - de Tocqueville

9mm4545

Quote from: FiremanBob on March 07, 2014, 07:13:45 AM
Wow, that's cool. Any chance of other states establishing a similar relationship with YSSA?

Several states have done so. There is a thread in the State Coordinator portion of the forum with more details. Your state coordinator can make this happen but time is of the essence here. "Quickly!"
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837