News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sept 27/28 SLO, CA

Started by Arc, September 29, 2008, 12:21:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arc

bob 210

What a great Appleseed and what a great range! A special thank you to the SLOSA Blackpowder Muzzleloaders for allowing us the use of their range. And  I want to thank all the wonderful new folks that I met at the San Luis Obispo Appleseed. Great improvement was seen all weekend and we had one Rifleman score. A great job was done by our IIT's and we had very solid History presentations! I hope to hear from some of our attendee's and don't forget Parker's Revenge! 8)
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

MrBill

Great weekend, and a great range.  The terrain was perfect for imagining the Minute Men silhouetted on the hillside coming to Concord during history at lunch.  The weather was excellent, and the facilities are everything we could have asked for.

Yes we did have 1 Rifleman score, but we also have a few more that are getting close, and with a little (OK maybe more than a little) more work should be knocking on the Rifleman door.

Bob, Thanks again for making everything "happen" and making it seem easy.  Thanks Rock Chucker, V and Arc, for all of your help. 

But mostly, thanks to everyone who attended and stepped up to the path of becoming a Rifleman.  Teaching is even more rewarding than attending, and I hope that all of you as you become Riflemen, decide to pick up the Orange Hat and continue the journey.

"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."  Mahatma Mohandas K. Gandhi

rock-chucker

Yes indeed.  This was a good one.  ANOTHER good one, I might say.

Thanks to the San Louis Obispo Sportsmans Association for having us up to your beautiful range facility.  As Mr Bill says, it was all we could have asked for.

Besides meeting and working with great people and helping them with their marksmanship, I also enjoy spending time on so many gun ranges I never would have outside of Appleseed.  they are all a little different.  Lots of ranges have steel targets, but I think this has about the most I've seen, and for sure is the first one I have ever seen with COW silhouettes! 

Something which still surprises me and impresses me about the people who come to Appleseeds is how far they come to participate.  Paul and Gina from San Jose, Randy from Sacramento, Jason and Bobbiejo from Santa Clarita, and so on.  Dave, it was good to see you again after first meeting you at Santa Barbara.  You continue to make great progress.  I certainly appreciate the effort for these people to come all that way, and I think we all work a little harder to make the trip worthwhile for them.  Regardless of how far your travel was, I sincerely hope that everyone who attended feels it was worthwhile to come, and I hope to see you again soon!  Thank you all for coming.  It was a genuine pleasure to meet you!

I saw real improvement with every single shooter, and I strongly suspect that a couple of you are only one Appleseed away from your rifleman score and patch.  You're that close, guys.  Practice what you've learned, dry fire at home, practice at the range (remember to bring friends with you), and come back to make us proud!  ProudER, I mean.  I am honestly proud of anyone who comes to an Appleseed and does the work.  It is still surprising to me how many people I tell about appleseed voice tremendous approval, but STILL DON"T SHOW UP.  there are still a lot of gun owners who are afraid to come out in the open (you are right, Bob; there are so many who are committed to staying underground and out of sight).  Kudos to all of you who proudly emerge to practice your rights as an AMERICAN!  Hope you can drag your counterparts out and gettem actively practicing and standing up for these precious rights and liberties.

I used to be a little selective about who I would tell about my shooting activities, but not anymore!  When i get to work on Monday morning and someone says "it looks like you got a lot of sun over the weekend...did you go to the beach?"  I very proudly tell them I spent the entire weekend on the RIFLE RANGE, having an AWESOME time, TEACHING MARKSMANSHIP!  Man, does that ever feel GOOD!

V, I loved your personal story about losing your gun-owner rights in England and sailing onto greener pastures of Liberty here in the US of A.  We all need to hear your story and join in as you have in taking action to preserve the liberties so many of us take for granted.  thank you for stepping up and sharing your experience with us.

Mr Bill, Arc, V, and of course Bob 210; it was my distinct pleasure to work with you.  Our California Appleseed team just gets better and better, and I am so proud to be a part of it.  One of the things that is such an inspiration to me is seeing people step up and perform at a level they didn't think they could, driven by their passion and heart-felt beliefs.  None of us have faced 16 inches of British steel, but I have heard that public speaking is something many people fear more than death!   

Sure would like to hear from some of you shooters out there.  Come on back with the good, the bad, and the ugly.  We always want to do things better, and your feedback is key.

Looking forward to the home range of Piru in a couple of weeks, seeing familiar faces and meeting new ones.

thanks again, all!

Rock-Chucker

ezb57

Hello to Bob, Mr. Bill, V, RCer and Arc!
It was great meeting all of you, and the other shooters.  Although I could only make it for Saturday, I really enjoyed myself, and learned the true level of my abilities in position shooting.  Timed fire sure gets challenging with a bolt rifle, but I know it can be done.  Practice, practice, practice!  Did you all get to the regular 400 yard range on Sunday?  Congrats to that new Rifleman!

Thanks again, and maybe we'll see you all up here in SLO again soon!
(Arc, I'm sure I'll see you at the range very soon!)

Eric Zebe
Not all who disagree with wisemen are fools

paulyosh

Quote from: Arc on October 04, 2008, 11:56:20 PM
Quote from: ezb57 on October 04, 2008, 11:08:33 PM
Hello to Bob, Mr. Bill, V, RCer and Arc!
It was great meeting all of you, and the other shooters.  Although I could only make it for Saturday, I really enjoyed myself, and learned the true level of my abilities in position shooting.  Timed fire sure gets challenging with a bolt rifle, but I know it can be done.  Practice, practice, practice!  Did you all get to the regular 400 yard range on Sunday?  Congrats to that new Rifleman!

Thanks again, and maybe we'll see you all up here in SLO again soon!
(Arc, I'm sure I'll see you at the range very soon!)

Eric Zebe

Hello there!

Actually we didn't bop down to the 400yd steel. Bob wanted to go home and 16:00 is when the range closes, we concluded Sunday at around 16:00 anyways.

Too bad, I was itching for bob's garand...you supply the hardware, I supply the software!

Looking to hear from the gang more. Paul and Gina for sure.

EDIT: You going to Ridgecrest OCT 25/26?

Hi Bob, Arc, Mr. Bill, V, Rock-Chucker, and anyone else I'm missing:

Paul here; Gina and I are alive and well.  :-)  I'm still getting the full-blown report written, but it's definitely coming...still getting caught up...

-Paul

rock-chucker

Hi all:

Eric, glad to see you on the board.  Glad you made the shoot, if only for Saturday.  I hope you enjoyed yourself, learned a thing or two, and see value in the program and will come back for more.  Hope you will make another shoot soon, and come both days.  We really pick up the pace on Sunday and hammer the AQTs.

Paul and Gina:  Very glad to see you guys plugged in, also.  It was truly a pleasure meeting you and working with you on the firing line.  It would be awesome if you guys end up on the instructor roster (no pressure  ;D).  You would rock at this, and enjoy it.  Gina, I remember you being concerned about not knowing that much about rifles.  To that, I would ask, do you know something about teaching?  We both know the answer to that question!

Please do stay in touch, and definitely pay attention to the schedule as things unfold for new shoots up in your area.  Would sure like to see your smiling faces again.

If you're really feelling your oats, how bout coming down to Piru for our shoot October 18/19?  You could also go to Disneyland!  I know that really sold YOU, Paul!....

...NOT!

Bye for now,

Steve (Rock-Chucker)