News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Appleseed in Thurmont?

Started by Patent guy, July 27, 2011, 10:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patent guy

We're working on it.  Might be centerfire, possibly with KD out to 300.

http://tcandsc.org/

If we can bring Appleseed to Thurmont, can you help out? O0

District of Columbia v. Heller (US 07-290, 2008)  "The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia."  McDonald v. Chicago (US 08-1521, 2010) "[T]he Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms [is] fully applicable to the states"

NavyIrish

Whatever happened to a shoot at Thurmont?
"The man who loves his country on its own account, and not merely for its trappings of interest or power, can never be divorced for
it, can never refuse to come forward when he finds that she is engaged in dangers which he has the means of warding off." --Thomas Jefferson to Elbridge Gerry, 1797.

Patent guy

Quote from: navyirish on November 21, 2011, 06:58:53 PM
Whatever happened to a shoot at Thurmont?

We appear to have stalled, for the time being.  I'm planning on taking some AAF&G shooters back there for a CMP shoot or a Mosin shoot, which they schedule often, but not during the winter, so the best opportunity for a face-to-face follow-up is likely to be in the spring.
Not a real problem, because they have not told us "no."  We have just not advanced to the Board meeting and the detailed discussion with the Board, Officers or decision-makers yet.  I think that the Thurmont folks will perceive the value of Appleseeds at Thurmont, just as we have at AAF&G, and so we'll follow up with them again shortly.

That said, if anyone from Thurmont is following this thread, please sound off!  Let us know how to proceed. 
District of Columbia v. Heller (US 07-290, 2008)  "The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia."  McDonald v. Chicago (US 08-1521, 2010) "[T]he Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms [is] fully applicable to the states"

NavyIrish

Sure, I'll help out.  I may be able to even spread the word for Thurmont-area military.
"The man who loves his country on its own account, and not merely for its trappings of interest or power, can never be divorced for
it, can never refuse to come forward when he finds that she is engaged in dangers which he has the means of warding off." --Thomas Jefferson to Elbridge Gerry, 1797.

jplum

Anyone still interested in holding an Appleseed Project at TC&SC?  We may be able to get a .22 rimfire setup this summer, depending on the calendar.

Jeff

BeSwift

Quote from: jplum on March 09, 2014, 03:33:12 PM
Anyone still interested in holding an Appleseed Project at TC&SC?  We may be able to get a .22 rimfire setup this summer, depending on the calendar.

Jeff

Jeff.. any help would be greatly appreciated! Whatever we gotta do to make it happen, let me know.  Drop me a PM or email at appleseedmaryland@gmail.com  THANKS     O0 
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations