News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Fleet and All Navy Matches

Started by jmdavis, March 05, 2014, 11:29:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmdavis

Below is the email that I received this morning from Capt. Ryan concerning the East Coast Fleet and All Navy Matches (April 5-13) at Quantico MCB. I have attended these matches for the past two years. They are extremely well run, and an excellent opportunity to shoot both High Power and Bulls Eye Pistol (2- 1000 agg hardball matches which include an integrated National Match Course EIC match and President's 100 match). With 5 rifle matches" 1- 40 shot warmup, 2- 50 shot with sighters, 60 total) and 2 EIC matches with 130+ shooters, they are an excellent opportunity to practice and compete. At the previous two Fleet Matches, I have met a number of former Appleseed shooters. It is extremely gratifying to be able to see your previous students (especially the young sailors and soldiers) excelling in the art of the rifle through competition and earning a spot on the Navy Team.

Link to the Match Bulletin. Read it for the details:

http://www.usnst.org

email from Capt. Ryan:

ANNOUNCEMENT FOR EAST COAST FLEET AND ALL NAVY MATCH FOR 2014
You are receiving this email because you registered for the 2013 fleet or all navy matches.

Online registration is now open for the 2014 Fleet and All Navy matches in Quantico.  The match bulletin and registration link are available on the home page:  www.usnst.org.  You can also navigate directly to the registration site here:

http://ct.thecmp.org/app/v1/index.php?do=match&task=edit&match=11011

There are a few changes this year.  First, we will be shooting a shortened format from April 5th to the 13th.  Please see the entire schedule listed in the bulletin.  Berthing will be the same as last year at Camp Upsur.  The biggest change, we have lost funding support for ammo and weapons.  You need to plan on bringing ammo to the match or be prepared to buy ammo at the match, the ammo supply at Quantico may be limited though.  There will be rifles and pistols available to share and check out.  IF you are a new shooter and you don't have equipment, you will be able to share and still shoot the match.  If you are an experienced shooter and you have any extra equipment, please bring it to possibly help out a new shooter.  The match fee remains the same, it is $50 for each fleet and all navy phase ($100 for both matches).   This allows you to shoot all rifle and pistol stages during each phase.

If you are a new shooter, you will need to login and establish a CMP  user id and password before it will let you register.  Please do this before attending the match if at all possible.  We will have computers available at the match to do this but if you register early, you will save a lot of time at Quantico.  You can pay your match fee via paypal (send payment to usnshooting@gmail.com).  Make sure you select send payment, then select payment to family or friends.  Paypal has changed their options since last year.  If you are using your Paypal balance or checking account there is no fee.

Please let me know if you have any questions and help pass the word.

VR,
Bob Ryan
CAPT(Ret)  USN
USNMT Stats Officer
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

FiremanBob

We will try to be spectators on at least one of the days.
Author of "The 10/22 Companion: How to Operate, Troubleshoot, Maintain and Improve Your Ruger 10/22"

"Remember constantly that a nation cannot long remain strong when each man in it is individually weak, and that neither social forms nor political schemes have yet been found that can make a people energetic by composing it of pusillanimous and soft citizens." - de Tocqueville

jmdavis

$100 +ammo for a full week of shooting is one heck of a deal. Shooting with and beside President's 100 finalists, Long Range champions and Distinguished shooters is an excellent opportunity to learn from the best.

http://usnst.org/14%20Documents/2014_Match_Program%2012%20FEB.pdf

What do you need to compete with the rifle:

rifle (AR, M1, M14)
ammo
binoculars or spotting scope(for scoring)
sweatshirt
web or leather sling
mat
backpack, stool or cart to move gear
eye and ear protection

optional:
- Shooting jacket (can range from a cotton jacket such as those used for AS, to leather and cordura)
- Stool or cart (hunting stools work fine and I used one for several matches). A milk crate on a handtruck makes a fine cart too. but you can carry all of your gear and ammo with a backpack and or stool.
- cleaning supplies
- kitchen timer set to count up or down with no beep

For pistol competition:

Pistol 1911A1 or an M9 (for EIC competition)
ammo
double hearing protection (plugs and muffs)

You will shoot a small arms firing school type match, 4 rifle matches, 2 pistol matches (each one totalling 100 rounds in 3 integrated matches). Barracks space may be available for civillians. Rooms at the local Super 8 are around $50-$55 per night.

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."

jmdavis

There is still a little time to register for the Fleet and or All Navy Matches. $100 ($50 for all Fleet Matches, $50 for all All Navy Matches) gets you 2 SAFS (Smaill Arms Firing School) type classes (pistol and rifle), a 1000 Aggregate Pistol Match (with an included EIC match), a 58 shot rifle National Match Course (with sighters at 200, 300, and 600 yards), and a 50 shot EIC rifle match. Along with 5 days of being around other shooters. For All Navy, there will be another 100 shot pistol match, another 58 shot National Match Course with sighters and another 50 shot National Match course with an included EIC for eligible service members or civillians that did not shoot the Fleet EIC match). That alot of matches for a week.

Mike